News:

Main Menu

GoodGirl font

Started by frailer, August 18, 2011, 06:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

What do I get?  :sad:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

So, a Publisher file or the end of the world as we know it?

I'll take the latter!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 19, 2011, 06:53:22 AMWhenever I have a font issue like that, I convert it to paths/outlines pre-RIP... if possible. If pdf and font not embedded, I'll just flatten and rasterize the whole thing in Photoshop. If font still drops out/doesn't image properly, then I kick it back.

Our customers don't like to be disturbed.  :sleepy:

We tried that. It would not allow the counters to be outlined. In PitStop, it showed the counters, after outline conversion, as yellow selected paths, but they could not be shift~clicked to select. A diagnostic tool, in this case.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Grimace

Quote from: frailer on August 19, 2011, 02:47:50 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on August 19, 2011, 06:53:22 AMWhenever I have a font issue like that, I convert it to paths/outlines pre-RIP... if possible. If pdf and font not embedded, I'll just flatten and rasterize the whole thing in Photoshop. If font still drops out/doesn't image properly, then I kick it back.

Our customers don't like to be disturbed.  :sleepy:

We tried that. It would not allow the counters to be outlined. In PitStop, it showed the counters, after outline conversion, as yellow selected paths, but they could not be shift~clicked to select. A diagnostic tool, in this case.   :laugh:

I've had this happen with files from Vector Magic (kick ass tool if you haven't used it) so I now select all in Illy, then merge in Pathfinder pallet, delete all the counter elements then group the rest of the object. Many times the outlined counter is there, but gets pushed to the back, or has become a compound path. Checking the Layers pallet can help you make the selection if the other parts of the file get in the way.