'Box'_anyone?

Started by frailer, February 14, 2013, 03:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Manager here downloaded a file for prepress crunching. Said it was from a site called 'Box'. He was raving about it. Anyone used it? Like?
I'll have a 'net search on it, but if someone here's used it...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

t-pat

it's like dropbox, et cetera I think.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Ear

I use Dropbox, and like it. I think "Box" is a little more Cloud like. Looks pretty slick.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Drop Box is okay when the people that use it clean it out. I've had customers call me fuming pissed because I dumped their files.

I prefer www.wetransfer.com these days. Pretty quick, 2 GB cap and no sign-ups or ads.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Will it put my gigabytes on a cloud? :naughty:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

johnny_jay

I have both a dropbox account and a box.com account

box.com is letting anyone that signs up with the android app have 50 GB of storage for life for free
http://lifehacker.com/5887769/grab-50gb-of-free-storage-for-life-on-box-by-using-the-android-app

I first went with box (when it was box.net) because it allowed you to share calendars
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20060614115754569
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

So that sounds like a great deal so I signed up. I only got 5 GB. It seems that offer expired on March 23rd, 2012.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

johnny_jay

Sorry about that  :embarrassed:

They had another one going with 50 GB but you had to have an account with Dell.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert