Windows 7 Printer spooler keeps stopping

Started by Designia(o_O), June 26, 2014, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Designia(o_O)

Windows 7 laptop attached to a network HP 1536dnf MFP. There are 5 other laptops that have no problems but there's one where the printer spooler keeps stopping. Constantly. Every day. I've deleted and reinstalled, I've checked for extraneous software. I can see it, I can ping itI have no clue what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas?

Joe

I had a similar problem awhile back with a windows 7 and HP printer and it wasn't the printer spooler stopping but it was the print service that kept hanging. I ended up having to uninstall all of the windows updates that I knew were installed about the time the problem started. Then I re-installed the updates again and it cleared the problem up. I never could figure out exactly which update caused it. It may have just been a corrupt file during the original update or something that fixed itself on the re-install.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Designia(o_O)

That's sounds like a delightful afternoon. Thanks!

Farabomb

Yeah, MS loves leaving in shitty updates. I'm fighting through 16 to find the one that's porking all the other ones right now.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job