Preps Ganging

Started by kermit, September 13, 2007, 11:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

What is that? Is this part of Preps? What kind of a dongle does it need? I a not talking about a floating license but standalone dongles. Did you use it?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Admin

It is used for ganging images to use the least amoount of paper. It is part of Preps 5.3. It's free if you have the Pro version of Preps. Runs in demo mode on other versions unless you pay.

kermit

demo even on Preps Plus? Do you know how much $$$ Kodak wants for it?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Joe

No, don't know the price. I have Preps Pro and actually haven't tried it yet. I might have misspoke. I don't think it is part of Preps but a separate download. But it is free if you have the Pro version.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mwc

It's part of the (FREE) 5.3 updater.
Never saw any limitation to a particular preps product (xl,plus,pro)
only limitations (listing in the PDF linked below) are for OS Versions,Processors, and Ram requirements.

OSX only right now....

http://graphics1.kodak.com/documents/Whats%20New%20in%20PREPS%20Software%205%203.pdf

Joe

Quote from: staten on September 13, 2007, 11:39:56 AMdemo even on Preps Plus? Do you know how much $$$ Kodak wants for it?

I posted this on the Preps forum at the Kodak site but thought I would post it here also:

https://ecentral.creo.com/eCentral/Self_support/downloads_results.asp?ContentType=All&ProductName=Preps&SearchTerms=&SortBy=VERSION%205.3

QuoteFull version of Preps 5.3 software; nonchargeable upgrade for Preps 5.x. Includes the new Preps Ganging tool, for use in production mode with a valid Preps Pro 5.3 license, or in demo mode with any other Preps version installed on Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

kermit

It's crystal clear now. thank you.