Changing PDF presets locks me out

Started by Farabomb, December 26, 2017, 10:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

I need to save a PDF out of an .ai file. Shouldn't be an issue but if I change the preset to anything it locks me out of any of the options. If I manage to click on say barks and bleeds, then change the preset I can click boxes and input things but it doesn't do anything. All I Need is marks but it refuses to put them on there.

It's CS6 and it could just be this file but I don't have the time to figure it out right now. Has anyone else seen this?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

That's weird it should say (modified) when you start changing things
did you try selecting custom  at the top of the list of the adobe pdf preset?

Farabomb

This file starts with custom but if I change it to anything, I get locked out. This customer has the strangest file errors ALL THE TIME. Seriously, they are my favorite and also my most dreaded customer.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Quote from: Farabomb on December 26, 2017, 02:54:44 PMSeriously, they are my favorite and also my most dreaded customer.
Like stop it some more.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

I did find something online it was for CS6

save as eps select use artboard, open that and then try and save as pdf
weird seems like others have a problem

Farabomb

Quote from: Ear on December 26, 2017, 03:17:08 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on December 26, 2017, 02:54:44 PMSeriously, they are my favorite and also my most dreaded customer.
Like stop it some more.
No, seriously. They're really nice people that produce the strangest files. They go though one graphic designer a year. It's mostly all amazon females that work there so maybe that has something to do with it. All their files are weird so I see it as a challenge.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Yes, like, stop it some more... like don't, stop... don't stop... like a hurts good 
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Soon enough the print pain will stop and I will begin a new path.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job