work and turn trim marks

Started by tapdn, June 05, 2009, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapdn

Work and Turn imposition in Preps 5 with no center gutter. How do I keep the smart trim marks from side A showing on side B? No, I don't want to place the marks manually.
Got to be a simple solution I am missing.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

Not sure. Don't have Preps at home but when you import the smart marks on the page I know you can select which impo in the template to place the smart marks on but does it have an option to only place it on the front? If not, can you double click each mark to edit it and then select to only show on the front?

PS: If you do the latter it will cause it to only put them on the front in future templates created unless you change it back afterwards.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

Think I miss spoke, Joe. These are the crop marks Preps automatically place on the page at create imposition. Not really smart marks I have created.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

Ear

You know, often, for work and turns, I use single sided instead and just build it like work and turn. Easier to customize, have control over and change into sheetwise in a hurry.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Stiv

Quote from: Earendil on June 05, 2009, 01:39:50 PMYou know, often, for work and turns, I use single sided instead and just build it like work and turn. Easier to customize, have control over and change into sheetwise in a hurry.

Same here. Nothing but trouble with the Preps W&Turn and W&Tumbles. IMO, of course.

tapdn

Thanks guys- yep, that's what I have been doing for years rather than deal with this very issue. Now I know it's not just me. :smiley:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Ear

Looks like you also need to "place crop marks outside of imposition" to keep them of the adjacent pages.

And glad to hear you and Stiv are doing it the way I do it. More control, yo. I mean really, who needs the work and turn/work and tumble? It's dumming it down and taking away control in the process. Of course, maybe it's just us guys that used to work on the light table. I used to peel the rubylith off and stick it to my face, like I was being attacked by The Blob.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

Alright... just for kicks, I went and messed with it and came up with the same thing as you tap, no center marks. If I impose more pages, rotated, like a 4pg, it will give fold marks that can act as center but otherwise, no center marks on a W&T. Yet another reason to do it our way.

tapdn

I never use WT templates, but in the process of teaching my coworker I was a bit taken aback by not knowing this. I'll just tell her it's a bug in Preps- don't use it  :laugh:
Use to go to the bar straight from work with scissors in my back pocket, xacto in pocket and bits of rubylith stuck all over me.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Ear

:laugh: I had a pressman come at me once but he backed off when I picked up the T-Square. I used to wield a big ol T-square... it was like a Claymore... I am Ear McCloud, of the Clan McCloud, there can be only one!  :ninja2:

tapdn

Clan Napier and I use my Xacto like a rapier. :wink:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Ear

Hey, you keep your raper to yourself buddy.  :tongue:

tapdn

tis okay... the wife makes me leave it home on top of the frig. :laugh:
(old joke)
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Tracy

I dont use w/t either, single sided

gnubler

Quote from: tapdn on June 05, 2009, 01:37:10 PMmiss spoke

Can that be my new name? It seems every time I open my mouth people get mad or sad.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david