Corel back on the Mac

Started by wonderings, March 12, 2019, 07:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

Corel has brought back its suite to the Mac after 20 years. I do like that they have options, you can buy outright or pay subscription. They got right at least. I will try out the demo but cannot see myself changing over here, they would have to do some pretty spectacular things and I doubt they have. Always found the way Corel programs worked was too different from Adobe and made going back and forth between the apps difficult and confusing.

https://www.coreldraw.com/en/?link=wm

Possum

Almost seems like too little too late. Maybe they are banking on the pushback from the subscription model to drive Mac sales. I started out on Corel, then ownership changed and I switched to Illustrator without much trouble. For people who work a lot in vector, the switch may not be too bad.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Can't wait until I get a 1" x 1" vector logo that comes in around 4 GB and won't process through Prinergy.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

When I have some time I will toy with the demo, but that is probably where I will leave it. I already have Adobe CC as well as the Affinity applications. If Corel brought their price down to match Affinity or even close I could see buying just to have another tool if needed.

StudioMonkey

Quote from: Joe on March 12, 2019, 07:43:07 AMCan't wait until I get a 1" x 1" vector logo that comes in around 4 GB and won't process through Prinergy.

If its a Corel file we would bounce it and ask for a PDF or .ai file.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Kermy812

I see it comes with fonts still - I wonder if it will be the same ol' Bitstream fonts from 1990? I really been needing to use Zurich more...