News:

Main Menu

Tablets

Started by DigiCorn, April 18, 2012, 12:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on April 19, 2012, 10:22:55 AMPosting this from the new Le Pan tablet...works pretty good.
FroYo or GB (did you upgrade)?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 19, 2012, 10:38:18 AM
Quote from: Joe on April 19, 2012, 10:22:55 AMPosting this from the new Le Pan tablet...works pretty good.

FroYo. Haven't gotten the courage to try it yet.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on April 19, 2012, 10:58:57 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on April 19, 2012, 10:38:18 AM

FroYo. Haven't gotten the courage to try it yet.
Don't be a wuss.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

he's waiting on that Chinese hacker to call him back....
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Before I dicked with my phone at all I made sure I had the files and programs to bring it back to stock. You may want that if it's possible before you attempt the GB switch.

Once I had the factory restore I didn't care. At worst my phone was dead until I got home and I could ODIN it back to stock and then redo everything.

I did see something about CWM (clockwork mod) on that thread when I scanned it. It's quite handy becasue you can make an image before you screw with the device. If it gets borked, as long as you can get back into CWM you should be able to restore the image and be back to where you started.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Aren't most hackers Russian?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

That or Eastern European.

American kids are too lazy now to be hackers.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on April 19, 2012, 11:39:45 AMAren't most hackers Russian?

The Chinese are stealing all of our secrets. The Russians are stealing all of our money.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on April 19, 2012, 11:37:51 AMBefore I dicked with my phone at all I made sure I had the files and programs to bring it back to stock. You may want that if it's possible before you attempt the GB switch.

Once I had the factory restore I didn't care. At worst my phone was dead until I got home and I could ODIN it back to stock and then redo everything.

I did see something about CWM (clockwork mod) on that thread when I scanned it. It's quite handy becasue you can make an image before you screw with the device. If it gets borked, as long as you can get back into CWM you should be able to restore the image and be back to where you started.

Kind of what I want to do. At least be fairly confident I can get back to the factory settings and not just have an expensive paperweight.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on April 19, 2012, 11:56:47 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 19, 2012, 11:37:51 AMBefore I dicked with my phone at all I made sure I had the files and programs to bring it back to stock. You may want that if it's possible before you attempt the GB switch.

Kind of what I want to do. At least be fairly confident I can get back to the factory settings and not just have an expensive paperweight.
If you want to be a true techie, the correct term is "brick," as in, "Don't brick your tablet."
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

QuoteThis usage derives from the fact that some electronic devices (and their detachable power supplies) are vaguely brick-shaped, and so those that do not function are useful only as actual bricks

and we all know, bricks make wonderful paperweights...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 19, 2012, 12:12:30 PM
Quote from: Joe on April 19, 2012, 11:56:47 AM

If you want to be a true techie, the correct term is "brick," as in, "Don't brick your tablet."

Build a few of these then get back to me about my techie status.  :tongue:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Always been afraid to try the water cooling. Don't trust the Chinese to build it water tight.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

That's why I built everything other than the waterblocks myself. That was in the mid 90's, there wasn't water cooling kits out then.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job