Editing Trim Box: Which software do you use?

Started by shane8791, January 17, 2023, 09:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane8791

Hello! We have been using Prinect Geometry Control for years to edit PDFs. You can quickly change the trim box, media box, resize and split a PDF. The problem is it requires an expensive server and it's time to buy a new server again. We've begged Prinect to sell Geometry Control as a separate Acrobat plug-in but they do not. What does everyone use to view & edit a PDF's trim box & media box? We use hotfolders for imposition so the trim box is very important. 

Thanks for your time -- Shane. 

born2print

There is a Pitstop action, a few actually, that we use to add bleeds and set trim and bleed boxes.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Tracy

DCurry

Agree on PitStop, but you can also edit the page boxes in Acrobat without any plugins. I find it easier to use PitStop, but some of my coworkers don't agree.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Pitstop for the win. There are actions, global changes, design layouts and manually typing in the numbers to edit them. I don't use it anymore though as I haven't had the need to change page boxes in over a year. ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Joe - When will you retire from rubbing it in our faces?

(I would rub it in, too!)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on January 17, 2023, 12:01:19 PMJoe - When will you retire from rubbing it in our faces?

Most likely never. :rotf:

DigiCorn

Pitstop can change page geometry. Pay attention!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

shane8791

Thanks for your replies! I've tried Prinergy & Pitstop to edit the trim box but still want something closer to Prinect's Geometry Control. We're going to try Callas now. 

DigiCorn

Quote from: DCurry on January 17, 2023, 12:01:19 PMJoe - When will you retire from rubbing it in our faces?

Personally, I rub it out. But not thinking about Joe. Other things.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

madbugger

Quote from: DigiCorn on January 19, 2023, 11:23:13 PM

Personally, I rub it out. But not thinking about Joe. Other things.
So, you're saying you give it a run thru the knuckles?
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

born2print

Are you talking about tapping little Johnny behind the ear??
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Tracy

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on January 20, 2023, 11:06:47 AMThe 12 yr olds are in the house!  ;D
Tracy, I have to go out for awhile. Can you babysit while I'm gone?

Tracy