News:

Main Menu

Preflight for black text

Started by elko, October 12, 2018, 12:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

Hi

is there posssibility to check rich black text/obejcts in preflight? I can use an action or global change to fix it, but it would be better to check it in PS server and fix it from preflight report.

AaronH

I'm not sure about previous versions of Pitstop, but in Pitstop 2018 under color in standard actions is a Check for Rich Black.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

mattbeals

Using remap color is better because you can add additional RGB black, or even cmyk builds of black and map them to device black, separation black, device, etc. It makes the action more flexible/intelligent.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

elko

Thank you... I know action can make it........ remap collor can make it too.......but I need it for pitstop server.... for hotfolder preflight .... so what is possible for PitStop preflight in my PC can be added to hotfolder preflight settings

Joe

Have you look at the color settings in Pitstop Preflight?

[attach width=200]19082[/attach]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

elko

....how to set the value for impure CMYK??.... and what is the exack meaning for impure CMYK?

Joe

I'm not 100 sure how Pitstop handles it exactly but the mouse over description shows this. I think there might be range of how close the individual channels of RGB/CMYK are to each other. If they are too far apart nothing happens but if they are within whatever that range is it will change them to black/gray.

[attach width=400]19084[/attach]

Hopefully ABC will drop by and maybe give a better explanation than that.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Not sure if it is the way you want to go but you can put an action into a preflight.

abc

Quote from: Tracy on October 15, 2018, 02:54:42 PMNot sure if it is the way you want to go but you can put an action into a preflight.

You took the words out of my mouth Tracy

Tracy

ABC's Back! too bad you didn't go to the Print conference Joe, you could of met ABC!!

elko

why isnt it implemented into preflight and one have to get action into preflight??.... that is preflight issue
.....the preflight check for impure CMYK doesnt work for any CMYK values without 100% black....  when the check finds impure CMYK and I want to fix it, the navigator offers me remap color menu and I have to add collor rule to replace the objects to real black. It seems to me very unconfortable. Yes, I can set to replace automatically, but I like overview and fix it by myself...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8RZW880FifXQTN4dzgwaExqcXc

there is test file and test preflight.... I run the preflight and the added action finds only one objects and doesnt offer me a fix...  possible way but not good

Tracy

Just for giggles I tried the almost black to real black action and it changed your test pdf to 100K
This can be added to your preflight, but the thing that got me looking at this action is
you can put in a range of your colors, I remember from the Pitstop Webinars but I have never
needed to use this action.
just fyi you will have to duplicate-rename the action to edit I'm pretty

mattbeals

The flexibility of the preflight action is limited. By using the remap color action and putting it into the preflight profile you make a more intelligent and flexible preflight profile. Down the road this is a smarter way of working.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

elko

matt: I dissagree. Iit is not smarter for me. There could be same setting for CMYK values and so on as it is in the action in the preflight settings. There could be a button "make it real black" in the navigator (with the preflight results) that should change the collor as the action and the automatical fix do and one doesnt need any collor menu to fix it. The issue is impure black so your aim is the real black one doesnt need more. For the case I shall need more, there could be the smarter and intelligent way of added action.

Tracy

Did you try the almost black to real black action? it fixed the pdf you posted.