Fusion Pro Direct Server -10000 error

Started by Jaygames, February 05, 2013, 01:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaygames

So I get this random error when using Fusion Pro Direct Server to process my jobs that are being sent from the Fusion Pro Desktop software. PTI was unable to help me figure out why it was doing it, the most they had me try was to have all of my files used in the job locally on my desktop, but that didn't help at all. Normally I am working on a shared drive which is where the files are normally stored.

I have been unable to determine what is alike with all the jobs that fail with this error, there seems to be no connecting issues causing it.

Does anyone here have any experience with a Fusion Pro Direct Server?  Have you seen the -10,000 error before? Help me!

DigiCorn

Don't know the error, and not using FP Server, but most of my FP errors are font related.

Have you checked here? I did a quick search, but turned up nothing, but you have more details.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Jaygames

Yeah, I checked their support forums and didn't find much. One person suggested that it only happened to them when there original art files were PDF's, but I went back and verified that I've had jobs fail that use .eps files also. PTI suggested it may have had to do with network issues, or folder permissions when writing and creating files, but I do all my jobs the same way and some have the problem and some don't.

gnubler

Quote from: Jaygames on February 05, 2013, 01:32:22 PMPTI was unable to help me figure out why it was doing it

Dan Korn, I presume?  :rolleyes:

I don't run FP Server either but FP on Mac is extremely buggy. I have to relaunch it after each job I work on or else it crashes. If you click it the wrong way it will also crash.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Jaygames

Quote from: gnubler on February 05, 2013, 02:30:46 PM
Quote from: Jaygames on February 05, 2013, 01:32:22 PMPTI was unable to help me figure out why it was doing it

Dan Korn, I presume?  :rolleyes:

I don't run FP Server either but FP on Mac is extremely buggy. I have to relaunch it after each job I work on or else it crashes. If you click it the wrong way it will also crash.  :laugh:

No this one was an Alex something or other. I use FP on Mac and PC, and Mac is more buggy than the PC one. I tried to get my company to use someone besides PTI for this damn software, but they wouldn't listen. Darn PTI and their price point.