saved - but not saved

Started by beermonster, September 19, 2008, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermonster

:sad:

i was just working on an indy file - a large photo wallet, lots of bits n bobs in it, plenty of things to trap and so on - anyhoo

as i work i save, as ya do if you've ever lost anything as a result of not saving as ya go. i was sifting thru stuff, sorting it out, and saving as i went.

i closed document, and decided i wanted to change the name of it - so i did

opened the document - and WTF!!!!!  it had NOT saved it - it was as the original!!!! :blowup:

now i KNOW it was saving the job, ya have to wait a couple of secs until ya can carry on. I also know it was pointed at the correct folder etc etc

thanks indy - nice touch :puke:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

beermonster

ok - mods - hello! heeelllloooo!

how the hell do i delete this thread and avoid the absolute SHAME of someone reading it and me having to fess up to carbon user interface error

how huh?
 :embarrassed:

i'm a twat

Adriano

Too late mate
Join the club of shameful operator
I am a honorary member
 :grin:
Still not drinking. Never been better

beermonster

bugger :embarrassed:

ohh well - it's an exclusive club so i guess i'll enjoy :cheesy:

ninjaPB_43

you open the original instead of the one you renamed there beer?   No worries mate, its Friday and you in doubt have a cold one on your mind, hell you might as well already be up at the pub.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

beermonster

errr yeah - yeah - that was exactly it mate yeah

ahhhh the pub - that good old english establishment frequented by the upstanding english gentleman and those of use dedicated to proving we are not a nation of tea drinkers by remaining pissed for as long as humanly possible

have a nice day

Ventura_Tom

My CoWorker constantly copies jobs from the server to his desktop to work on them, and then gets mad when he opens the old file on the server and all his work is mysteriously gone...it used to make me laugh, now it just makes me want to smack my head against the wall. sad
Do you want us to rush the rush job we're rushing now, or rush the rush job you want us to rush, before we rush the rush job we're rushing now, or rush the rush job we were rushing before?

beermonster

i'm not telling what i did

not telling ya hear!
 :embarrassed:

Tracy

please tell us!
when I started working elec prepress, I lost a file I had worked on for about 3 hours. the next morning im going to plate it, and it wasnt there, it was the original, I thought I was going to be fired. like you said when you've lost something you learn to save.

beermonster

ohh yeah B4P - just go on and send in ya best torturer/interrogator Tracy why dont ya!

ya wont make me tell - i'll never tell - ya cant break me

Tracy

beermonster

hell she's good - no one man can stand this torture

DigitalCrapShoveler

Pretty please with sugar on top. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

and whipped cream and cherries :kiss:

beermonster

this is inhumane!

heeeeellllppppp!!!!!!!!!!

ok ok i'll tell - no more - no more - please......