Indesign Crashing

Started by LoganBlade, November 03, 2007, 09:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoganBlade

Anyone have G5 intel machine that Indesign is constantly crashing? Any idea why?

Program is an image from older G5 sytem if that helps?. Maybe fresh install?

thanks

"dyslexics have more fnu"

Joe

I think some people had this with ID CS2 on Intel based Macs. Don't know if they ever got it resolved or not.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Have you tried tossing the plist?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

almaink

"Program is an image from older G5 sytem if that helps?. " I would think you need to install it on the new Mac not do a  copy from the old. PPC and Intels are way different.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

whoami

Quote from: LoganBlade on November 03, 2007, 09:14:13 AMAnyone have G5 intel machine that Indesign is constantly crashing? Any idea why?

Program is an image from older G5 sytem if that helps?. Maybe fresh install?

thanks

There's your problem right there
QuoteAnyone have G5 intel machine..
the G5 intel machine is Apples worst product.  sooo bad in fact that it wasn't even released.   :P get it?  Nevermind. Bad joke.

LoganBlade

you dissing me?? What ever version of the damn machine that has the intel chip inside. If I have said something wrong I am good with the correction.

later :P

David

the newest mac is an Intel based mac, the G5 was the predecessor and before that was the G4...

an so on an so on...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

LoganBlade

Ok so I was dissed. you bastard :P ... my ingnorance has been revealed what ever am I to do? thanks for responces. I will have the IT people who have the disk install fresh

thanks

Ear

Man, I made that mistake at first too Logan. It still looks like a damn G5 box but now it's an ICBM. They've made a distinctive change to every other box along with the chip, I know a lot of people who call the ICBM a G5. I know, it's not but... I'm just sayin' is all.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

LoganBlade

from today forward I will call it the id10t box

thnks for the correction all.

delooch

shoot, i was hoping to find some answers here..

Im running (or try to) Indy CS2 on WinXP/IntelP4 3.4/2GB ram.

ive had this problem since day 1:

launch Indy from a clean boot, it gets past the splash screen then gives me a fatal exception error. (about 8/10 times)

double click an indy file, it launches indy, indy loads, loads the file, then gets a fatal exception error. (every time)

When it does actually load, if i try to open a file, it will crash, but, if i create a new document, save it, then i can open any indy file all day long without error (only if i create a blank document and save) - not sure what this has to do with anything, but i was told to try it.

we've tried adobe tech support, reinstall of CS2, Reinstall of WinXP. no change. Im getting a new PC soon, so hopefully whatever is causing this goes away.

David

delooch,

when you re-installed the OS (or for that matter, the CS2 app), did every thing go alright?
no hick-ups or stalls, or did it take what seemed to be a longer time than you would normally expect to install?

just wondering if you maybe have a bad install CD.
or maybe a bad spot on the hard drive.

dunno, just thinkin out loud...

good luck,
David
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca