CS3 - step and Repeat - WTF?

Started by ninjaPB_43, December 06, 2007, 02:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I think programmers have an unwritten rule that as processors become faster, disks become bigger and ram availability increases they have to write their apps to use up every last resource that is found. I'm not sure what the punishment is but it must be severe because no software company goes against the grain! ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Sparky

I'm not really a fan of CS3 either, at least the changes to the pallets. but then I'm using a completely new keyboard with the iMac 2.8 intel compared to the Macally iKey I was using with my G3, but the "Preview" button (not present in CS2) works just fine. each dupe is made the selection. When I turn off the "preview" button, I don't see what the Dupe will be but when I click OK it still makes the new box the selection.

my version is 5.0.1
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Sparky on December 07, 2007, 09:01:17 PMit still makes the new box the selection.

my version is 5.0.1

interesting..     I have a few things I want to look at now on Monday..  thanks for the input Sparky.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ninjaPB_43

I have to admit, there IS in fact a use for the way Adobe did this..   

When using an already created template to create another template that is similar but slightly different,

as an example, 19x25 sheet, 4up 8.5x11, W&T into a 4up 8.5x11.25, W&T... 

works great to turn preview off and allow it to keep the items your stepping selected because I can make the steps to the guides, trims, etc, and then just hit delete to get rid of old marks..   works a dream, so Thanks for that Adobe..

:)
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

hotmetal

My shoes are so full of industry provided pebbles that I'll need orthotic shoes after I quit this business. We just hobble along the best we can... then they release another version of their pebble and add a few shards of glass just for good measure.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

duck

Thank you Pointy!
Preview is the default now, that was driving me nuts.

My biggest issue is doing math off the top of my head (carry the one, add bleeds, etc...) then when I step it it's not where I expected it to be...
Easier to just hit delete and try again than to have to select first - especially if I just stepped multiple elements that aren't grouped.
For those who bend over and take it hard daily
to ensure that the client's half-assed problem files
get fixed, processed, printed and sent out
so it can make it to the end user's trash can
on time and with no errors.