News:

Main Menu

CS3 = spyware?

Started by Laurens, January 07, 2008, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurens

Check out this slightly worrying article about how CS3 'phones home' and sends back user logging data from your application use to a company Adobe hired to do this.

The Adobe blog entry on this is also an interesting read, with most commenters being most upset about the fact that the feedback service hides behind a URL that pretends to be a local IP-address on your network.
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

Joe

I'm not at all happy about this. Not that I'm doing anything wrong but I wouldn't want my car manufacturer (OnStar, I'm talking about you) being able to track my movements and I damn sure don't want Adobe or one of their hired guns tracking my usage on the internet. What the hell happened to privacy?

I'm going to start using the hosts file someone linked to in one of those links.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

elmo3

This is what Denial of Service attacks were designed for.  192.168.112.207.net, indeed.  I say, flood 'em!  Shut 'em down!

ninjaPB_43

Welcome to the New World Order.  The end is nigh.   >:(

Forget Onstar and Adobe, Google Earth and Homeland Security have been watching you all's asses for years..    every little dirty deed done is now on record for later use as incriminating evidence.

Buck the system!   Buck the man(Im talking to you Hillary!)  I think Im headed to Aussieland, Frailer need some quality help?
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

LRob

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on January 08, 2008, 09:55:55 AMI think Im headed to Aussieland, Frailer need some quality help?
Why? Do you know somebody? JK
I agree Down with the man. Know more "Big Brother". No more Republican :)

ninjaPB_43

Actually, Australia MIGHT be in my future..   Kym is considering her 4th yr of grad school in Sydney(well just outside of)..  they have a pretty hefty Audiology research program going on there right now..     but that's a yr and a half out from now, so who knows..
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Oh I think them tough Aussies can handle a little clown like myself..  :P     

but yea, look out Frailer, if it starts to happen in about say 10 months or so, I was already planning on hitting you up for some direction as to "who to go see about a job", what kind of documents I would need to work there for a year, what to expect for income and living expenses, etc etc...   ;)  I might act a fool, but this fool knows what he's doing...   kinda.. :D