FEX makes "guest" appearance

Started by frailer, January 08, 2008, 07:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

FEX made an unannounced guest appearance at the recent Creative Suite Conference, on Mordy Golding's 'Tips' presentation. You can view it on his first TouTube performance here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6hyMk4k

You'll see our li'l friend poking it's red'n'yellow icon up now and again. Wonder how many conferencees knew what it was?   :D
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

David

ehh...

link to you tooobe....  maybe broken

no video of what you speak,  but all the crap you normally see
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

My apologies. See if you can click on it via his blog. Shouldn't be a problem that way.

http://rwillustrator.blogspot.com/
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

David

that works, very cool.

I see he uses Acro 7 as well.
what, he don't like 8 for some reason?

haha!

thanks
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Here's one screenshot for those doin' a drive-by... ;D

...and why wouldn't ya have the little slave workin' in the background.   :D

Sparky

This is a way cool TIP. I think I'll move this to the InDesign forum it belongs there.

global color changes throught he use of "Booklet"  ::)  A feature I haven't seen demode yet. Nice link frailer
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

ninjaPB_43

wow, very slick!  thanks Frailer.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

rwillustrator

Thanks for the compliments and the posts guys :)

Just as an FYI, I use FEX and love it. And you don't have to wonder if the folks at that conference knew about it (it was the Creative Suite Conference in Chicago this past October by the way) -- they were all aware of FEX.

The clip on YouTube was taken from a "Tips" session that was given at the end of the show. But there was also another session at the conference called "Must have add ons" which was a session dedicated to plugins, tools, and apps that every designer must have in addition to the Adobe products. Ted LoCascio spoke about font utilities and mainly discussed Suitcase Fusion among a few others. I was on stage immediately after Ted and before I spoke about the plugins and apps that I like to use, I pointed out that Ted had "left out" the FREE and most excellent FEX.

So you see? They knew... :)

:) Mordy

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Sparky

Glad to have you on board Mordy. I look forward to exchanging thoughts and learning more on these subjects.

Also, Joe, Nice to know we can (how do I say this without sounding rude  ::)  ) appear classy enough to attract the cream of our industry to come on board.
 ;D

"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

rwillustrator

Oh, I'm no cream -- I'm just like everyone else... I've been in the trenches and at times, wish I was back in there fighting the everyday battles and fires.

But if there's a way I can be of help, I'm always up for the challenge.

:) Mordy

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Sparky on January 13, 2008, 11:10:10 AMGlad to have you on board Mordy. I look forward to exchanging thoughts and learning more on these subjects.

Also, Joe, Nice to know we can (how do I say this without sounding rude  ::)  ) appear classy enough to attract the cream of our industry to come on board.
 ;D

Personally, I agree that sometimes us trench monkeys that roam these halls can seem crude, but I feel like the community is top notch, and classy to say the least.. 

Im also glad to see you join us, Mordy!!  Welcome.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley