News:

Main Menu

Prisma

Started by DigiCorn, April 03, 2024, 02:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Second day on the job and run into my first major issue. Using Prisma to feed a canon 10,000 VP and it lost its ability to offset stacks. Yes, we turned it off and turned it on again.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

scottrsimons

You turned it off and on again, but did you check the plugs? Might have one not making a good connection.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

DigiCorn

I should notate that in the GUI it lost its ability. Not a mechanical failure. Someone here was able to fix it through the software.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Whoops, thought this was an old Scitex thread.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on April 05, 2024, 12:17:34 PMWhoops, thought this was an old Scitex thread.
Yeah... I never heard of Scitex Prisma until I started trying to research Canon PrismaSync.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Conversely, the only Prisma I ever touched (of heard of) was the Scitex equip   :))

David

wasn't that the Prisma Whisper Station?

That's what we used to impose our Scitex files before outputting to film....    back in the day

:old:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

I remember Prisma for sure, Whisper sounds "faintly" familiar.
Did you output film on a Raystar?
They did have pretty cool names.

DigiCorn

Conversely the shop I worked at when I moved up to Sac from the Bay had a Scitex RIP. We used Preps (when it was Creo) to impose our files before sending to a Lotem.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

Quote from: born2print on April 05, 2024, 01:37:03 PMI remember Prisma for sure, Whisper sounds "faintly" familiar.
Did you output film on a Raystar?
They did have pretty cool names.
ours was a Lotem 400, we later upgraded to the 800 (for 40 inch films)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

Ah, in the Brisq days we had a Dolev 800. The Raystar was kinda cool because it was not only a film output device, but was also a flat bed "linework" scanner.

DigiCorn

Just wondering if anyone is using PRISMASync/PRISMAPrepare so if I need to learn some tricks, I know who to ask
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

so no one is using PRISMAsync/PRISMAPrepare?

anyone?

anyone...?

Bueller?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway