2nd interview - oh boy.

Started by t-pat, November 12, 2009, 10:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

Quote from: frailer on November 12, 2009, 05:10:31 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 12, 2009, 05:06:52 PMBlood-Sausage?

Anyone who claims not to have 1, or 2, or...  is bullshitting.    :laugh:

Or they ARE the blood sausage.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Adriano

Must be the fear of loosing good workers
I was called to the board room yesterday and offered a pay rise (not much) as recognition to my good work
"You deserve more blah blah, .........recession blah blah.............work increased but cost to the bone, blah blah.......thank you!"
I must say that it felt good
Good luck tpatterson
I must admit that I wouldn't bother to look for a different place doing the same job, not even for money
Better the devil you know................
Still not drinking. Never been better

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

t-pat

Quote from: Adriano on November 12, 2009, 05:26:37 PMI must admit that I wouldn't bother to look for a different place doing the same job, not even for money
Better the devil you know................
QFT - and this is why I'm not out the door already - I like the people I work FOR, and a lot of people in this company really make it worth doing - however -
I'm not currently doing prepress, it's a management gig I currently do in a division of the company totally unrelated to printing - I have no passion for this business, I do for printing, strange and stupid as that sounds. I understand it a lot better than this business, or at least I think I do. After 10+ years in print shops I would hope I knew my way around better than something I've done for 1 year.

I used to do prepress for this company, and have been exiled to the island of forgotten toys after being canned (for helping a csr understand exactly why I wouldn't touch his self-made nightmare) and rehired 6 mo later in this job.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

t-pat

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 12, 2009, 05:06:52 PMBlood-Sausage?

oh biiiiig time - even better - "Untouchable Blood Sausage" - the kind that must have something else going on that prevents them from being canned, because if it was you, you'd be long gone.
vdp donkey

DigitalCrapShoveler

I had one once, untouchable... he's gone now. :evil:

It took me three years of relentless bitching, but when Management finally realized I was on the level, it was a matter of hours.
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Mine shot itself in the foot. I still smile from time to time....    :cheesy:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

t-pat

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 13, 2009, 01:12:36 PMI had one once, untouchable... he's gone now. :evil:

It took me three years of relentless bitching, but when Management finally realized I was on the level, it was a matter of hours.

The prepress blood sausage I had is still there, sitting in my old chair, collecting my paycheck. Still useless, blind (literally can't see the damn screen) and can't follow the simplest of policies or procedures... I nearly killed him when I caught him opening my pdfs in Illy - when there were already native indesign files all complete and pretty just sitting there. That's a management issue - he's not untouchable, just comfortable. And he does whatever idiotic thing a csr asks him to do, regardless of whether it is right, wrong, or suicidal.

This current one however has a "hold" on someone and is nearly untouchable, short of having the same last name as the owners. I'm not sure to what extent it goes but I have a pretty good idea.
vdp donkey

DigitalCrapShoveler

Yikes. We got a few of them too. I don't like shit like that, and nepotism should be illegal.
Member #285 - Civilian

t-pat

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 13, 2009, 02:00:13 PMYikes. We got a few of them too. I don't like shit like that, and nepotism should be illegal.

Hilarious, this one actually complained about nepotism when I hired a bindery person's son to work for us.
vdp donkey

Skryber

We have many family members who don't work here but receive a pay check every week. How eff'ed up is that? But like I always say, as long as I get a pay check, they can do whatever they want with their money.  :death:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

t-pat

Quote from: Skryber on November 13, 2009, 02:41:17 PMWe have many family members who don't work here but receive a pay check every week. How eff'ed up is that? But like I always say, as long as I get a pay check, they can do whatever they want with their money.  :death:

This one's not a family member - that I can live with, you take care of family. There's something else going on.
vdp donkey

Rabid

We have a CSR like that. Completely incompetent, she has something on somebody.

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

t-pat

vdp donkey