PitStop 2018 just announced. Ships in April

Started by abc, March 06, 2018, 06:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

abc

pabney

I just happen to get a pdf today that will not go through my rip, that I think could be fixed with this new version. Specificly the Crop Line Art function. Any chance this will be released, or maybe ABC would be willing to give it a go?

abc

Hi Paul
Send it over, will run it through and see if it helps.
andrewb@enfocus.com

abc

Hi Paul
At first sight it looks promising, over 200,000 elements removed, and file size reduced by over 100mb.

Will upload the file in the morning

pabney

WONDERFUL, looking forward to getting it.
Makes me glad I have a contract

frailer

Sheesh. Finally, we have 2 upgraded CC seats. Have 2 printed out upgraded Maintenance license sheets with Key and Serial Nos.

Rusty on this... procedure, Readers' Digest, if you can...something like...

-get on to Enfocus website.
-seek download(s). (can we use the 1 download DMG?).
-the 2 maintenance units will replace current ones on to-be-decommissioned iMacs, so new install, new Acrobat Pro CC, on new iMacs.

Now I believe PitStop is machine tethered. My query is whether the new licenses are in themselves tethered to one or other of the current PSPs.
Or, can we randomly plug in either one to Acrobat on each iMac?

So many questions. My head hurts. It's ANZAC Day tomorrow; my compadre will be in Thursday, we'll nut it out, but some intel would be great; been a while.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

abc

Hi Frailer
Download the DMG then you can use it on all machines etc.
As you correctly said, when you activate PitStop is tied to a machine finger print.

This is how I would do it.
Leave the macs that are being decommissioned alone at the moment.
Install PitStop 2018 (released today 24th April) and Acrobat on the new macs.
Activate them as a free 30-day trial. So you have the both the old and the new with PitStop available.
run the new machines for a few weeks to make sure everything is ok and you have copied all your old Action Lists and settings etc from the old machines.
Then when you are happy all is ok, deactivate PitStop on the two old macs, when you do this there is an option to save the license files. So save them.
Then use those license files you've saved to activate the PitStop's on the two new macs.
Job done.

Joe

Since 2018 was released today can we (we do have the maintenance agreement that we renewed at the end of March) just install 2018 over the top of 2017 and be good to go?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

abc

If you have a current maintenance contract then you should have been sent a new license key for 2018 already Joe.
You'll need that installed and running before upgrading to 2018.
The 2018 key runs 2017 and 2018 so it makes it easier.

Joe

Quote from: abc on April 24, 2018, 07:27:05 AMIf you have a current maintenance contract then you should have been sent a new license key for 2018 already Joe.

OK I looked at the new maintenance agreement and it only has a product key for Pitstop 2017. You mentioned 2017 & 2018 uses the same key so we should be good with that right?

Tracy

Waiting on you Joe for instructions  :smiley:

abc

No Joe, you will need a 2018 key to run 2018.
You should chase your reseller for the 2018 key, they should have all been shipped a while ago.

Joe

Ugh...we ran into this issue with the release of 2017 also where the resellers either didn't have the new product keys or there were delays in them sending them out.

Joe

Quote from: abc on April 24, 2018, 07:27:05 AMIf you have a current maintenance contract then you should have been sent a new license key for 2018 already Joe.

So the 2018 key will run 2017 & 2018 but the 2017 key won't run 2018?

I'll bet frailer's reseller sent him the 2017 key also.