Paper "scam"

Started by DigiCorn, December 03, 2018, 12:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPSprint

yeap you are right...

see why I liked filling up my bike in the states! ;-)

and the fuel is actually much better there as well, i got 300kms on a tank and that would be unheard of here, maybe 250kms max

Farabomb

I'd be happy to pay under $2/gal for fuel. It was $2.70 when I did my first fill up in NY.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DPSprint

Quote from: Farabomb on December 05, 2018, 01:05:48 PMI'd be happy to pay under $2/gal for fuel. It was $2.70 when I did my first fill up in NY.
I would be over the moon to pay only $2 gallon  :banana:
unfortunately never gonna happen here... this is why we have smaller cars and smaller roads

Tracy

$ 3.50 in san diego, gotta pay the sunshine tax
Hey wait a minute it's raining! Gas should be cheaper!

Possum

It just dipped to $1.95 here. Don't expect that to last.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

scottrsimons

Just filled up the other day in Michigan for $2.09/gal. And I had a $.10/gal coupon, so final price $1.99/gal.  :banana:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Yesterday a few hours after I filled up for $1.86 it jumped back up to $2.16. After seeing the New Zealand price I suppose I shouldn't complain. ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DPSprint

Quote from: Joe on December 05, 2018, 03:57:30 PMYesterday a few hours after I filled up for $1.86 it jumped back up to $2.16. After seeing the New Zealand price I suppose I shouldn't complain. ;D
Nope dont! or we will send them prices to you guys

born2print

You know the scam that bugs me is at the grocery store where buying a larger quantity or volume actually costs MORE.
I see it all the time.
I guess enough consumers just assume that larger = smaller unit price so the retailers take advantage of that?
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Farabomb

I always check the unit price. There are times where the "sale" really isn't the best deal.

Then I end up with a closet full of toilet paper.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: born2print on December 05, 2018, 04:16:55 PMYou know the scam that bugs me is at the grocery store where buying a larger quantity or volume actually costs MORE.
I see it all the time.
I guess enough consumers just assume that larger = smaller unit price so the retailers take advantage of that?

The best thing about smart phones....you always have a calculator on you!

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on December 05, 2018, 12:23:19 PM
Quote from: DPSprint on December 05, 2018, 12:16:13 PMthey tried this with dog biscuits here (dried dog food) reduce the packaging size and keep price the same... LOL one of the local big brands got utterly ripped on social media about it! so they reduced the price... briefly...
I guess being in print/packaging I kinda notice when people 'rebrand' in order to reduce packaging size... its such a con.

fuel is the big thing here at the moment: petrol was $2.48 litre NZ when i got back from the states in sept, an all time high, now it has slipped back to 2.06 (in a little over a month) as the govt has decided to investigate fuel company profits... Gee funny thing that

Wow...if my math is right that converts to $9.38782122432 per gallon. I filled up yesterday for $1.86 per gallon. Even the $2.06 per litre comes out to $7.79794827504 per gallon. Please correct my math if that is off.

Ok, its $7.79794827503 per gallon.

Joe

See there...I was using a US calculator instead of a Canadian calculator.

StudioMonkey

A quick calculation shows me that UK petrol works out at average $7.137 / gallon.

We started selling petrol in litres in the mid 1990s when the price per gallon got too scary.

:gom:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Joe

In the weird US we price it with the price being something like $2.50 9/10 and people always say it is $2.50 per gallon while in actuality it is closer to $2.51 per gallon. We're suckers for an imagined bargain like a $50,000 vehicle is actually priced at $49,999. What a deal!