Need a dieline created

Started by Slappy, November 03, 2022, 02:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Any other time, I'd tackle this but I'm short my only other co-worker & I've got a New Hire starting Monday who I'll be training full time. Soooooo....

I got sent a crappy raster image for a pretty basic corrugated box. The dieline has to go to a local vendor to make 'em, and I just don't have the time/patience to recreate the thing. Anybody wanna take a stab? I can send the image provided, at least it has measurements all of the measurement & pics of the sample I received as well.

Open to estimates~
Take pity on me!!!!  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

can you post a screen shot to show how complex it is?

Slappy

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pspdfppdfxhd

Love that 27/32... new hire...  :o

DigiCorn

Seems pretty simple. Gimme $25, and a case of a local microbrew IPA.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Foozball

What material is this on?

Only ask because (obviously my brain is random and) most of my month has been in corrugated layouts and when someone goes into 32nds that suggests it's an inside measurement, as opposed to outside measurements (un-assembled). :o

Slappy

Quote from: Foozball on November 04, 2022, 06:52:42 AMWhat material is this on?

Only ask because (obviously my brain is random and) most of my month has been in corrugated layouts and when someone goes into 32nds that suggests it's an inside measurement, as opposed to outside measurements (un-assembled). :o
Fluted Cardboard, standard packaging stuff I gather.

Tracy

my die cutter will create dies if I ask him, you guys diecut in house?
I don't think I will have time right now

fyi couple dimensions are missing, the circle, the tabs and the notches

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

You just made Slappy's day! your nice!

David

I have made more than my share of box dies, don't do too many now-a-days.

I got a guy

:afro:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

;D  I gotta guy now too! 
I keed

Slappy

Quote from: David on November 04, 2022, 10:56:00 AMhere you go

some dims were missing, so I matched it to the pic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl0txgcmu1prtz8/Box%20Die.ai?dl=0
Dude, you're Ahhhhhmazing!!!

Seriously, saved me like a trip in to work this weekend.  :-* :-* :-* :-*

David

my pleasure, I actually like doing things like that.

a little math, some straight lines, good to go...

;D
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

bitch, you did it for free and fucked up my little shakedown. plus, i was drunk and don't remember posting that, so i forgot to do it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway