News:

Main Menu

HELP!

Started by andreasjva, January 04, 2010, 08:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreasjva

We have an Acento S CTP, with an Azura C85/C120 plate processor.  We switched to a chemical free Fuji plate, and don't need the processor anymore.  How do we cut this out of the loop without generating CTP errors?

We really just want to roll the processor off to the side, and have the plates drop into the catch directly from the CTP. 

beermonster

keep the bridge - just take out the gum unit
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Stiv

On both of our CTP devices we have to choose whether it is connected to an in-line processor or just drop the plates into a catcher. We access this setting via the control panel on the CTP.

Have you looked into your devices settings?

andreasjva

I looked in the settings of our CTP device, and it says nothing about the processor.  I was hoping I could do that as well.  The AGFA CTP seems to assume you need a processor. 

As for removing the gum, we tried that.  The processor detects the type of chemistry, and it seems to prefer the AGFA gum.  Without it, the processor detects an error in the chemistry, so you have to reset the processor between plates.  I tried disconnecting the gum sensors, but that created an error as well. 

Quote from: Stiv on January 11, 2010, 03:45:30 PMOn both of our CTP devices we have to choose whether it is connected to an in-line processor or just drop the plates into a catcher. We access this setting via the control panel on the CTP.

Have you looked into your devices settings?

andreasjva

Yes I have.  We ended up re-plumbing the gum to trick the processors sensors.  Thanks.