Acrobat Community...

Started by tapdn, June 04, 2008, 03:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapdn

Know anything about this (excuse me if it's already been covered)? Seems a move in the right direction?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7430938.stm
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Ear

Looks like another plot by The Man, to keep a brother down... Homie don't play that.  :cheesy:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

jezza

Might be just the thing for Joe's online proofing and fair few other online proofing endeavours
one sick prepress mofo

Joe

Quote from: jezza  link=topic=1792.msg29377#msg29377 date=1212628139Might be just the thing for Joe's online proofing and fair few other online proofing endeavours

I thought that too but...The customer we're trying to get would never go for that though. They want to be able to submit files directly into the RIP and get instant notification back that either their job failed or their proof is ready. And they want to be able to do it 24/7/365 without any human intervention on the printer end.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

doubting_thomas

Quote from: Joe  on June 04, 2008, 08:56:11 PM
I thought that too but...The customer we're trying to get would never go for that though. They want to be able to submit files directly into the RIP and get instant notification back that either their job failed or their proof is ready. And they want to be able to do it 24/7/365 without any human intervention on the printer (end - quote)]

Good to know we're targeting your clients, or that your clients
were fertile in the past. Bully!!

tapdn

Here we have sales departments for each publication who take ads from and deal directly with customers. Sales staff then relays info to composition department in writting. Ad Designers then set the ads and print laser proofs for Sales Dept to inspect, dray up changes on and resubmit. This process can go on thru many changes and tons of paper proofs/ paper instructions generated. Our management team is going to great length to get us certified green and stop paper waste, yet we still have stacks of paper for each ad we create. I have been pushing electronic digital over paper, but old habits die hard and was hoping for a tool that everyone involved could sign onto.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

jimking

I read a few days ago about pdfs having video embedded. I can see it now, a supplied pdf for print in which a video is present in the file. Hey client, what to do with your video? "what about it" this is to print not visual only, correct? "Yes it is to print, print the 5th frame only"  :huh:

Joe

Quote from: jimking on June 05, 2008, 08:27:02 AMI read a few days ago about pdfs having video embedded. I can see it now, a supplied pdf for print in which a video is present in the file. Hey client, what to do with your video? "what about it" this is to print not visual only, correct? "Yes it is to print, print the 5th frame only"  :huh:

That call is coming. We both know it! :wink:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.