"How does she make a PDF?"

Started by gnubler, April 29, 2010, 12:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on April 30, 2010, 10:09:49 AMYeah, well, I didn't care. I don't encourage Publisher, and I don't want to do any extra work to help them out. If it looks like crap, maybe they won't do it again.

Are you living in some sort of fantasy world, Number 655321?  :laugh:

Please.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

he's had some therapy, you know...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on April 30, 2010, 11:26:22 AM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on April 30, 2010, 10:09:49 AMYeah, well, I didn't care. I don't encourage Publisher, and I don't want to do any extra work to help them out. If it looks like crap, maybe they won't do it again.

Are you living in some sort of fantasy world, Number 655321?  :laugh:

Please.
I know. They always do it again. It's like some sick co-dependent relationship. But I strongly stand on my anti-Publisher position, and we let customers know once we receive their files, "hell no. don't expect any kind of color matching."
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: david on April 30, 2010, 11:27:54 AMhe's had some therapy, you know...

I'd opt for Death Therapy over having to work in Publisher every day...or employed at one of those chain quick printers who are in bed with Quark.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Captain_Type

Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

gnubler

DOCTOR LEO MARVIN!!!!!!!!!!

"Your death therapy cured me, you genius!"