Acro X vs. Acro 9

Started by DigiCorn, January 31, 2012, 03:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on January 31, 2012, 05:06:31 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on January 31, 2012, 04:35:20 PMI don't seem to have that option...

Maybe try installing it first?

http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/
still doesn't work. defaults to 10 and the software won't let me change it. oh well.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on January 31, 2012, 05:43:55 PM
Quote from: Joe on January 31, 2012, 05:06:31 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on January 31, 2012, 04:35:20 PMI don't seem to have that option...

Maybe try installing it first?

http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/
still doesn't work. defaults to 10 and the software won't let me change it. oh well.

I didn't say it would work. I just said you have to install it to see it. Adobe insists on making the newest version installed be the default.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Syphon

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 31, 2012, 05:14:48 PM
Quote from: Joe on January 31, 2012, 05:13:44 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 31, 2012, 05:11:50 PM1. Turn on the computer... make sure it's plugged in.
2. That little phone thingy there is called a mouse. No, you don't talk into it. You move it around. You may notice an arrow pointer moving about your screen. If not, see #1.

That's all I got. Good day, sir.

How about a video tutorial?

I'll see if I can fit it in. VERY hot business card I gotta do. :laugh:

YES YES!! A movie!!
I'll get the popcorn!
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

frailer

I guess you would just launch 9, not X, before your morning coffee.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

How about trying to get info on the job and in the Open with part select the version you want.  Or if it is not listed choose other and direct it to V9.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Lots of bright ideas from soggy DownUnder    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: Diddler on January 31, 2012, 09:24:36 PMHow about trying to get info on the job and in the Open with part select the version you want.  Or if it is not listed choose other and direct it to V9.

The setting will revert back to Acrobat X. Adobe insists on making the default the newest release installed.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on January 31, 2012, 09:45:16 PMLots of bright ideas from soggy DownUnder    :laugh:

Not soggy up here today mate, it was over 30° by 9am.  :hot: Time to hit the beach this arvo.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

gnubler

Quote from: frailer on January 31, 2012, 04:04:54 PMCan it be done through Default App? Or does Adobe override that, as well?    :undecided:

I just went thru the same thing after installing CS5. Adobe totally ignores what you enter for default app. :death:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Quote from: frailer on January 31, 2012, 07:02:04 PMI guess you would just launch 9, not X, before your morning coffee.

This is what I did during the 8 to 9 upgrade until I got 9 playing nice and happy. New things can be scary but you have to get over it in this job.

PS, in case you need more tech support: Foamy
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Just tried to set pdf for 9 in Bridge. No worky.

Not a big deal. I can either just start using X, and/or launch 9 when I boot up in the morning. Again, no big deal.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 01, 2012, 11:31:32 AMJust tried to set pdf for 9 in Bridge. No worky.

Not a big deal. I can either just start using X, and/or launch 9 when I boot up in the morning. Again, no big deal.

just start using x. It has new stuff you'll like. One major timesaver for me has been "split document" which allows you to split a pdf into multiple x page pdfs. I have to do this for splitting up some VDP signoffs into front and back pairs for individual customer signoffs. Now if I could just get it to then name the pdfs based on some text in the pdf.... but I'm dreaming there.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigiCorn

Where would my print settings be located? I have about 30 different outputs preprogrammed in Acrobat for sending to our Docucolor based on 4c vs. K, weight of paper and color profile (uncoated stock vs. coated stock). I hate having to do this at the Fiery and I want to transfer my settings from my Leopard box to my Snow Leopard box. I've transferred almost everything else (.jobsettings, workspaces, PSP settings, color libraries, etc.) but I can't find the print settings.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 01, 2012, 01:40:25 PMWhere would my print settings be located? I have about 30 different outputs preprogrammed in Acrobat for sending to our Docucolor based on 4c vs. K, weight of paper and color profile (uncoated stock vs. coated stock). I hate having to do this at the Fiery and I want to transfer my settings from my Leopard box to my Snow Leopard box. I've transferred almost everything else (.jobsettings, workspaces, PSP settings, color libraries, etc.) but I can't find the print settings.

let me google that for you

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

:hot:

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david