Verify Operation Failed

Started by Joe, June 24, 2013, 01:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

If you are using Acrobat X, rest assured you will start getting this error soon. It started Monday morning for every Mac using Acrobat X. 14 users. And it appears to be a widespread problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/946288

I'll bet Adobes answer will be to "Upgrade to Acrobat XI".
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

So THAT'S what that is. I've been getting it and it's almost as annoying as Adobe wanting to update every 14 minutes. I only have the error pop up but no problems reading the files. I just close it right after I curse Adobe and it's mother.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Joe

My theory is that Adobe is planting time bombs in it's software to force users to upgrade to the cloud.

Skryber

Quote from: Joe on June 24, 2013, 02:10:40 PMMy theory is that Adobe is planting time bombs in it's software to force users to upgrade to the cloud.

Agreed.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

time bombs with short fuses...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Doomed. All good things must come to an end.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on June 24, 2013, 02:10:40 PMMy theory is that Adobe is planting time bombs in it's software to force users to upgrade to the cloud.
agreed. i got that error this morning, but like most errors, I ignore it unless it impedes my ability to do my job.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

Got it too, but I almost always prefer Acro 9 for most things.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DHG

Quote from: Joe on June 24, 2013, 01:58:49 PMIf you are using Acrobat X, rest assured you will start getting this error soon. It started Monday morning for every Mac using Acrobat X. 14 users. And it appears to be a widespread problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/946288

I'll bet Adobes answer will be to "Upgrade to Acrobat XI".

Same here. Been wondering what that was all about. Thanks for posting.

Tracy

got it too
also in the last week I have seen text disappear when opening the output preview.
and cannot select the text. It's like its not really there.
doesn't print also.
even a font with a problem can be selected. weird

Joe

I'm sure upgrading to the Creative Cloud and Acrobat XI will fix it all up. :sarcasm:

Possum

So that's it. We use an older version, but it keeps wanting to install updates, then says the update can't be installed because the original app has been modified, so go reinstall the whole mess. Sure it's been modified, with your own previous updates, Adobe! So you can keep this one.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Grimace

Me too! I feel so special I'm in the club.

Joe

Reply from an Adobe person:

Quoteashumittal wrote:

Hi all,

There was a temporary glitch with our servers that has now been resolved. Please re-launch Acrobat and let us know if you still face this issue.

Thanks for your patience,
-Ashu

Uh-huh...sure there was a "temporary glitch". :laugh:

I think this should rank right up there with the IRS scandal and Edward Snowden debacle. Why does Acrobat X need to communicate with Adobe servers when we do not have a Creative Cloud account. There needs to be an investigation. :sarcasm:

StudioMonkey

Quote from: Joe on June 26, 2013, 12:24:33 AMReply from an Adobe person:

Quoteashumittal wrote:

Hi all,

There was a temporary glitch with our servers that has now been resolved. Please re-launch Acrobat and let us know if you still face this issue.

Thanks for your patience,
-Ashu

Gesundheit
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana