News:

Main Menu

Select by Region

Started by Tracy, August 10, 2021, 08:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

I tried to make an action to select the Register mark and change the color
I have attached the pdf with the Register mark it's tiny and it's the only thing on the pdf
also linked the action I made, if someone wants to take a look

https://www.dropbox.com/s/naw3hsvmuym3r49/SOS%20Remap%20Register%20Mark.eal?dl=0

DCurry

You can either enlarge the region so it's a little bigger than the mark, or you can change where it says "Select Objects: Inside Region" to "Inside Region or Overlapping Region."

The latter one worked for me on your PDF. I didn't try my first suggestion but I've done it before so I know it works.

I am curious - why not just use a basic Change Specific Color - that way it's not dependent on a region at all?
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

Because I have the same color that I don't want changed, just want the R 100%K
Thanks D! for looking at that, I thought I clicked all possibilities!  :laugh:

cool  8)
that so worked!!

Tracy

when I had all the other art on there it didn't work

actually had to enlarge the region (thanks for that tip)!!
that worked

DCurry

It can be tricky to establish the region without a visual, so sometimes what I'll do is create a new box around the region that I want, keep it selected when building the action and use the Grab Offsets from Selection, then just delete the new box before moving on.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

Thanks, that's exactly what I did!
I couldn't mathematically get it correct

so the logo had a pretty big black portion I made rich black
but I can't see making the Register mark rich black
and it was a bunch of BC's