Prepress position in Oklahoma

Started by rickself, September 21, 2021, 09:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickself

Oklahoma Folding Carton (OFC) is the only locally owned folding carton plant in Oklahoma, competing with the big boys but prefer to fill the void left for smaller orders and a more personalized experience. We are in need of an experienced Prepress person, with a vision to the future, to replace the retiring Prepress Grandpa. This is not a training position. You will be responsible for file preparation to plate and print on a Komori L640 6 color press. Working knowledge of offset printing and Adobe Illustrator and the Creative applications are a must. Knowledge of Harlequin/Navigator RIP is not required but helpful. Must be able to manage your time. Employing approx 20-25 people, mostly in the production plant, the office staff is small and the Prepress position is a one-person job. 40 hour work week. OFC offers a competitive wage, vacation and group insurance. Only qualified applicants please. Our website has not been updated in a couple of years so don't judge our company based on the website (I haven't had the time to update the site - something else that I do!).
Send applications and or questions to:
prepress@okfoldingcarton.com
Rick Self, Prepress Oldie
Mac Mini M1   G5 Quad-Core Intel Sierra  HP DesignJet Z6 44in   RICOH Pro C5200S
Fiery BCE5  Xitron Navigator v.13   Screen 8000II   Azura Plates   Komori L640

DCurry

Quote from: rickself on September 21, 2021, 09:47:05 AM
...the Prepress position is a one-person job...vacation
These 2 aspects do not often go together.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

rickself

Yeah, I struggled with that one.
But hey, I've been here 10 years. I have 4 weeks of vaca a year!
Mac Mini M1   G5 Quad-Core Intel Sierra  HP DesignJet Z6 44in   RICOH Pro C5200S

Joe

Interviewing my possible replacement in 35 minutes....
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I have zero desire to ever in my life visit, let alone ever live in, Oklahoma. But I do like the position. Can I work remotely from CA?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

rickself

I moved from Washington state 14 years ago. Didn't think I'd like Oklahoma. But I tell you, the people are the friendliest I've ever met. I wouldn't want to live in OKC or a big city, but small town life grows on ya. Much less of a stressful drive in the morning. Good people, gas is 2.95 a gallon for ethanol free. Energy costs are about the cheapest in the nation. Rent is $675 for a 3 bed house. College football on Saturday. Nuf said.

born2print

"Rent is $675 for a 3 bed house"
Wow! you can't rent a bedroom for that here in San Diego.
I have seen a bit of OK, I used to be a cowboy in the Summers in McLean TX. It's a dry county so we had to drive to OK to buy beer.
I am the rookie in the cattleman's hat... it's WINDY there!
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Tracy

That's cool, do you like to ride horses?
Chris surprised me with horseback riding on our 1st valentines together
I sneezed the entire time.  :laugh:
if it wasn't a surprise I maybe could of taken something

born2print

I do like to ride horses, mostly...
but not all horses are the same!

Tracy

My friend had a horse and she had me ride it around the ring
I felt sorry for the horse    :laugh:

born2print

;D
Yeah, I won't get on sad, broken-down rental horses at disreputable places that don't give them great care.
I will ride an ornery old boy that does no work 50 weeks / year and only trots... sideways!  :rotf:

Tracy

Aw! I knew I liked you! all is forgiven for the ucky song!

Possum

When I was in high school a nearby farm had two horses I made friends with. I'd give them treats. You haven't lived until you've seen horses eat watermelon. Talk about sloppy!
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

In my 'burb, certain barnyard animals are allowed. Many, many people I know have chickens and rabbits. Some have goats. Our neighbor across the street and down a few houses have a horse. It's a therapy horse, and the lady rides it up an don the street once a week. The kids love it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway