Forum > Artwork Systems

Merge CMY into K

(1/8) > >>

DCurry:
Does anyone know of a way in Nexus to merge the CMY plates into the K plate?

My scenario involves a PDF with some CMY gray matter that really needs to print on the K plate, and for some reason nothing I do in Pitstop will change this stuff, even converting the entire page to gray. Very weird.

My workflow involves sending JDF from Preps. I was hopeful I could alias the inks printing from Preps, but apparently you can't do that with process inks into other process inks.

Joe:
Pitstop V. 10 update 3 should be able to remap the separations to the black.

DigitalCrapShoveler:
Making them grayscale in Pitstop doesn't work, Dan? That is odd. Are you changing the output intent?

Joe:

--- Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 05, 2012, 05:30:29 PM ---
Making them grayscale in Pitstop doesn't work, Dan? That is odd. Are you changing the output intent?

--- End quote ---

I run across PDFs like this every now and then that no matter what you do they still display in all colors but when I output they only come out in the black. I think it is an Acrobat issue.

andyfest:

--- Quote from: DCurry on September 05, 2012, 05:21:43 PM ---
Does anyone know of a way in Nexus to merge the CMY plates into the K plate?

My scenario involves a PDF with some CMY gray matter that really needs to print on the K plate, and for some reason nothing I do in Pitstop will change this stuff, even converting the entire page to gray. Very weird.

My workflow involves sending JDF from Preps. I was hopeful I could alias the inks printing from Preps, but apparently you can't do that with process inks into other process inks.

--- End quote ---
If you are outputting 1 bits from nexus, you could merge them all into the K tiff using DotSpy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version