Fuji (Screen) T9000 platesetter punch issues

Started by andyfest, March 07, 2013, 11:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Not much I can do about this but wait for the Fuji tech, but I am curious to see if anyone else has run into this issue. Our T9000 has about 160,000 plates thru it and yesterday stopped showing an "E41ba: Time-out error has occurred when Punch B is activated." The Fuji tech arrived, took the affected punch apart as it was jammed, cleaned and lubed it and re-installed it - everything seemed to be running ok. We got a mere 3 jobs out today when we ran into the same error. Fuji is now ordering a new punch but it looks like I'm going to be down for at least one day, maybe two. BTW, turning off the custom punches and hook punches did not help today. Anyone else experienced this?
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Ear

hmmm... you would think turning off the hook punches would do it, but the darn things still try to cycle the punches upon initialization. In my experience, it will error out if any part is not working properly, even if it isn't being used on the specific plate, due to the internal preflight it performs on initialize.

Did you watch him take the punch apart? It isn't that difficult. Since you need a new one and are down, why not just tear it apart? I have done it and I'm just a hairy ape.  :tongue: I so far have not run into any problem that you can't fix on your own, if you're willing and able to dig into it.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Stiv

Swap the punches and see if the error moves with the punch?

andyfest

Quote from: Earendil on March 07, 2013, 02:10:30 PMhmmm... you would think turning off the hook punches would do it, but the darn things still try to cycle the punches upon initialization. In my experience, it will error out if any part is not working properly, even if it isn't being used on the specific plate, due to the internal preflight it performs on initialize.

Did you watch him take the punch apart? It isn't that difficult. Since you need a new one and are down, why not just tear it apart? I have done it and I'm just a hairy ape.  :tongue: I so far have not run into any problem that you can't fix on your own, if you're willing and able to dig into it.
Actually we did isolate and pull the problem punch out, took it apart, cleaned, lubed and put it back in. It worked for about 20 plates and then jammed again. Now we are waiting for a brand new punch assembly. Should be here around 3 pm today. Can't leave at 1:30 today dammit!

andyfest

They sent the wrong part  :wtf:  He's gong to try and rig the old punch to get us thru but last time only lasted 20 plates.  :tapedshut: