Forum > Xitron Systems

Xitron speed thest

(1/5) > >>

tuff_gong:
Looking for a huge favor. We're considering a Xitron Sierra RIP to replace our older Nexus 9.5. We are starting to print a lot of large sports posters, full coverage, lots of type, transparency, you name it. They tie up the nexus way long. (Running on Win Server 2003, 4 gigs ram, so not too powerful). Would any Sierra user consider running a sample file on their rip to see how long it would take? Usual Golden Rocket Pony prize is involved.

Farabomb:
Ear? think you're the only one on Serria, though I believe XMF is basically the same just Fuji branded.

andyfest:

--- Quote from: tuff_gong link=msg=269967 date=1435260284 ---
Looking for a huge favor. We're considering a Xitron Sierra RIP to replace our older Nexus 9.5. We are starting to print a lot of large sports posters, full coverage, lots of type, transparency, you name it. They tie up the nexus way long. (Running on Win Server 2003, 4 gigs ram, so not too powerful). Would any Sierra user consider running a sample file on their rip to see how long it would take? Usual Golden Rocket Pony prize is involved.

--- End quote ---
Any chance of the free Nexus 10.1.3 upgrade or have you thrown out the service contract? Also, v9 & v10 can be run on a Mac-based server, which you could beef up and configure pretty cheaply. Once we switched the speeds increased drastically. Nexus 10.1.3 is very solid. However, if you can't get in for free the alternative for a workflow switch is probably the best idea.

tuff_gong:
No service contract. Nexus is pretty expensive and we'd pay for a lot of capability that we just don't need.

Ear:
I sent you a PM with my particulars, Tuffy. I'd be happy to preform a speed test for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version