Sheet fed litho company looking for prep person

Started by G_Town, October 03, 2016, 10:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

2nd shift prep position available, Indianapolis area. Esko shop. Nexus/Neo/Artpro/Automation Engine a plus.

G_Town

There's just nobody out there any more.

Dieing breed apparently.

Farabomb

We're out there but we're all locked up in the basements of the few running shops out there.

I keep reading this as shitfed and think, finally an honest posting about a prepress job.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Good luck Gtown, I tried to mention to boss the other day that we're slowly-but-surely aging out around here.
There's no one to hand the torch too when the time comes.
He didn't seem to care :shrug:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

G_Town

Quote from: born2print on November 02, 2016, 12:07:17 PMGood luck Gtown, I tried to mention to boss the other day that we're slowly-but-surely aging out around here.
There's no one to hand the torch too when the time comes.
He didn't seem to care :shrug:

Gave up and hired a kid, gonna train them from scratch, Doesn't hurt that her dad is my 3rd shift lead. Kind of guarentee to succeed.

Chuckls

We have 6 people in prepress. Average age 60. Three of us are 65+. Doomed

andyfest

I'm afraid that its not a very attractive job anymore. It's a comparatively low wage considering the amount of education/experience/training that is required. Not very attractive for today's millenials who seem to want instant gratification. Just the other day found out that a co-worker's daughter got a job managing a Prince_ss Auto and makes a dollar-an-hour more than most of the techs in my dept, all of whom have college education and 20+ years in the field.
 : huh :  
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Farabomb

Ouch, that hurt. I think I make a decent living and then I see the woman's W-2.  >:(
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job