Forum > Bindery

Double Gate Fold

(1/1)

Tracy:
What is the standard gap in a double gatefold?
We don't do double gates here, we go outside bindery.

Most places say 3/16 gap 3/32 off each side

Sales is telling me I can do a 1/16 gap for this place that has never done it for us before
I have to fix the custy's art (even panels)  they got text going thru the gate too!
So I don't want to do it twice

Just curious what you guys do.

almaink:
I used to ask the bindery what they wanted. Most times it was a 1/16 unless the stock was real thick then it was 3/32's on each panel, but they could always adjust it before they cut the full stack and folded it.

Tracy:
was that a 1/16 off each side?

and thanks by the way!

Tracy:
I'm going to take a 1/16 off each side, taking 1/32 off each side seems to be asking for trouble
Thanks Alma!!

Farabomb:

--- Quote from: almaink link=msg=285012 date=1476221140 ---
I used to ask the bindery what they wanted. Most times it was a 1/16 unless the stock was real thick then it was 3/32's on each panel, but they could always adjust it before they cut the full stack and folded it.

--- End quote ---

Your bindery might have done that. Most of the time here he'll cut the whole stack then check to see if it's right. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time I was blamed for designing something "wrong" but when I cut one down it's perfect. More than once he's said to me "oh, I'm supposed to cut on the crop marks?" It's been a while so maybe the measure twice, cut once lecture he's gotten many a time is sinking in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version