News:

Main Menu

Xante Impressia

Started by Trish, August 20, 2019, 01:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trish

Filling in for someone this week, and trying to print a #10 envelope. The color and everything looks good, but about 50% of them are coming out crooked. Any suggestions on what I can to to make it hold position a little better?

Thanks in Advance. 
Fuji XMF V5, Mac OS Sierra , Adobe CC, QuarkXpress 2017,  Epson SureColor P9000, Epson Surecolor P6000, Dart 4600S, Komori Lithrone 628, Komori SPICA 429, Heidelberg KORD, Xerox 1000, Xerox 1000i, Xante Impressia.

Tracy

Do you have the stacker guide pushed in?
try not to stack too many?
Hopefully somebody more helpful will come along!

Possum

I had this problem to start with because our "trainer" told me we could run envelopes on the lite envelope weight setting to get them to print faster. A Xante tech told me that's false. Solved the problem.

If you have them on the regular envelope weight setting, try the next heavier one. Slowing the printing down helps.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

David

I use an OKI for our envelopes, and it's true, slowing it down helps feed them through a bit straighter, especially with slick # 10 envelopes.
The #10 with windows are the worst, the feeder tends to stick slightly to the plastic window causing them to feed in wonky.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

It's all about how you load it. This thing will run crooked if you look at it funny. Also, don't set it for "Envelope Lite" unless you are an expert level user. Use "Envelope," or "Envelope Heavy" to slow it down. If you look at the feeder entrance, there's a spot away from you that sometimes catches the envelope flap and spins it. I use a piece of strapping material taped just above it to push the flap down upon entrance to the machine. It helps a lot.

Make certain that envelopes are all aligned and as straight and packed together (not too tightly) and not 100% flat or too upright. Maybe about a 20-30 degree angle. If they bunch up, turn off the auto feeder conveyor for a minute and flatten them out some more. Lots of good videos on youtube for this machine.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jwheeler

Quote from: david on August 21, 2019, 09:04:43 AM
I use an OKI for our envelopes, and it's true, slowing it down helps feed them through a bit straighter, especially with slick # 10 envelopes.
The #10 with windows are the worst, the feeder tends to stick slightly to the plastic window causing them to feed in wonky.

We recently purchased an Oki to print envelopes and we are having alot of trouble with windows. The edge of the window seems to catch on the flap of the envelope above it. Aside from slowing it down, what other tricks do you have to make the windows run better?

David

We have the Straight Shooter feeder, I have to adjust the little foot that puts pressure on the envelopes when they come down the stack. I loosen it up a smidge so that it doesn't press down so hard that it sticks to the window, but then you run the risk of double feeds. I have to keep an eye on it for sure.
Sadly, they positioned that piece right where the window of the envelope is so it is a pain.

Here is our exact setup.
The foot I mentioned is the little yellow thing on the right by the bottom of the stack of env on the feeder (you can barely see it in the attached photo)

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

For windows, make sure you are using digital envelopes (duh). But this strapping technique may help keep it flat also...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

I had that trouble with windows on an Oki once. It turned out the windows weren't glued to the paper all the way to the edge of the opening. There was about 1/8 inch flap you could raise up all the way around. We switched to another brand of didgi envelopes and that problem cleared up.

Sometimes is actually is the paper.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.