News:

Main Menu

Pistop Preflight Reports

Started by scottrsimons, October 18, 2018, 02:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottrsimons

We have Pitstop Pro 13 on one Mac in the shop that we all share. Basically use it to do color changes if needed, and delete text, and maybe the rare text change, not much else. Probably would if we all had it on our Macs locally.

But my question is, management wants us Prepress people to get them a report of all the low res in a document, because the customer to sent in the file is too dumb to know what they did. I've tried PSP preflight, which basically does what I'm looking for, but the bookmark doesn't list each of the offenders separately, but on one link. Is there a way to change that?

I really like that it highlights the offender on the page, when you click on the bookmark. And I'm sure there is more to it than I'm seeing off hand. Help me Rhonda.

I'm sure you can guess that we don't have a service contract, otherwise I would be contacting support for this question.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

johnny_jay

I see you have Prinergy and RBA. Is it possible you could write a rule to do this for you?

I have not tried this path but I do write some text files that capture data and are saved as .csv files.

Don't know if you could generate a report of images but you may be able to capture jobs and pages with low resolution or at the least pages with preflight warning or errors.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

johnny_jay

I think you need advanced preflight to do this but you can also generate reports.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

abc

Did you try the PitStop Regular Preflight report?

Joe

You have Prinergy. Do you also have Insite? If so you could send them a Secure Link to Smart Review and they click on a preflight warning and it will zoom them right to the problem. Save some trees so they don't print the report and then throw it away without reading it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

scottrsimons

johnny_jay, yes I have tried Prinergy's preflight, but the world we live in now, everyone needs visuals, and to be spoon fed their own info back to them. It is VERY good in stating how many issues and the DPI and on each page. But in the same case it gives too much info, and yes, I know we can dumb it down (which is also a shame).

abc, I thought I did. But just did it again. Ok, I like it. Now just need to figure out sending that to the CSR/Sales and then to the customer...time to RTFM.  :banana:

Joe, we used to have Insite, but got rid of it, as we were not using it enough to justify the cost. And you are absolutely correct about the Secure Link to the Smart Review especially now that it is all HTML5.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

abc

Quote from: scottrsimons on October 22, 2018, 08:44:03 AMabc, I thought I did. But just did it again. Ok, I like it. Now just need to figure out sending that to the CSR/Sales and then to the customer...time to RTFM.  :banana:

I thought it might help. If you need any help, let me know.