News:

Main Menu

Ink Alias

Started by agent_orange, January 02, 2008, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent_orange

I know how to use the ink alias feature in ID but, unless I'm mistaken, You can't alias a process color. Does anyone know if this is possible? I have a k/k newsletter that is run in a different color every month. No problem for us printing- just ink the press in whatever color we want. My problem is I can see this becoming an issue for proofing. The newsletter is designed in black. Supplied artwork/photos are grayscale. It would be so much easier to simply set an alias for black to a pms color rather than have to go back and change all the photos, links, and text to a spot just so they can see what it would like in the color of the month. Anybody have suggestions?

Laurens

I can remap colors (including process colors) in the workflow, in both Agfa Apogee PrintDrive and ApogeeX.

In the past one of my colleagues also told me how it can be done by the use of a 'creative' color profile which thinks the world is monochrome. It requires a dedicated app to edit ICC profiles and a bit of work each time you switch to another color but that is about it. I don't have the tweaks he did at hand right now but maybe the concept is enough to get you going?
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

born2print

What I'd prolly do now is remap the color in Prinergy just like Agfa can do. Before we had this capability, what we'd prolly do is offer a cost variance quote to change everything... "unless it's OK to just show the proof in black", then it won't cost any extra"
(the artist was paid to build a 1/c PMS newsletter and did not do it, the artist saved potential time and money, I assume, in doing so, so why fix it for free?)
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said