News:

Main Menu

Spiral Dot

Started by johnny_jay, June 09, 2023, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_jay

Anyone using this? We are testing it. Does not seem to be worth the cost.

Thanks,

John
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

David

sorry, been away from Kodak for a while, what the hell is a "spiral dot"? When did this come out?

what is the supposed benefits of using this dot shape?

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

johnny_jay

Its actually Agfa or eco3 whoever they are now.

It is literally a spiral shaped dot, supposed to save ink and get you on the counter sooner.

In an initial test, we found the dot gains go wonky because of the shape of the thing, went much higher.

https://www.agfa.com/printing/products/spiral-screening-for-commercial-printers/

Adding it to a prinergy workflow feels like a mess, we are just looking at it but it feels painful. We tried staccato form kodak, that is a year of my life i wish to forget. I believe we fingerprinted every three weeks.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

DigiCorn

why go new when old just works?

[edit] at least that's what i tell my wife, anyways
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

Wonder if it will stick as well as stochastic did...
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

concentric screening....

8)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

johnny_jay

Quote from: Slappy on June 10, 2023, 02:17:14 PMWonder if it will stick as well as stochastic did...
We tried that one as well, lol
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

born2print

We did a stochastic job a week or two ago, rarity now. I also thought Hexachrome was going to be the new sliced bread. I think part of the problem is that content creation is in different hands nowadays. Clients do not know color, or don't care, or they created it so they think it's great.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?