AzuraTS and lights

Started by DCurry, February 16, 2010, 12:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Just curious what other users of the Agfa AzuraTS (colons deliberately left out!) are doing when they open a new box of plates.

I unwrap them completely and store them in the drawer of a large flat file cabinet. I've noticed that I'm starting to see some fading on the unimaged plates. The cabinet is in a normal lighting area with a window nearby. I don't think a whole lot of light could enter the drawers, but something must be. It is especially noticeable if the top slipsheet is slightly askew -- then you can see on the plate where the slipsheet was.

I don't know if this is a problem or not at this point. I'm going to start leaving the plates in the black plastic wrapper to see if that helps.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

I don't have experience with that plate but I can see the difference in the kodak sword plates after about 2 hours if left out emulsion up. I keep them wrapped and in the box that's closed if not imaging plates.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Santa

We do the same here, I unload them into a file drawer. 

Have had the same thing happen hundreds of times, over the last 5 years both on Azura and the TS.  Top slip sheets skews after I take a plate out, little light gets in and I see the outline of the sheet.

Never has shown up on the press sheet or the burned plate, so never really worried about it.

beermonster

i leave mine boxed up - no issues at all

only issue i have is the last plate in the loader - some light gets in so we leave a crap plate on the bottom and punch in the number of plates as one less than actual - so the naff one dont get exposed on the ctp by mistake

good plates these
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

steveagfa

Dan:

Azura TS is faster than our original Azura, so ambient light does have more of an impact.
Here's some recommended handling guidlines for Azura TS.

- Storage of plates before exposure in unopened packaging – 24 months (from date of manufacture).

- Before exposure, packaging opened - several weeks;
store emulsion down, keep interleaving paper between plates, keep preferably in original packaging (hand closed)

- After exposure, before cleaning - several hours (avoid high humidity and high temperature)

- After clean-out - several weeks due to the new Azura TS Gum

- For archiving after printing - re-gum with Agfa "storage" gum

- Unexposed plate sensitivity to daylight & oxygen - 8 hours;
no issue with platesetters that load face-down.

- Recommended handling – keep wrapped prior to use in manual systems,
protect top plate when using cassette loading.

Still, quite a forgiving and easy plate to work with.

Regards, Steve.
Steve (no, I'm not Tech Support) Musselman
Agfa Graphics

DCurry

Thanks for chiming in with that detailed info, Steve. I'll follow your recommendations!

So far we are quite pleased with the plate and the Avalon.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!