Turn off punch on Screen PT-R8600E

Started by DCurry, May 03, 2011, 08:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Does anyone know how to turn off the punch on a Screen PT-R8600E (rebadged as Agfa Avalon N8-20)?

The reason I ask is that I may need to make some plates for another shop to help them out and I have a feeling our punches are different, so I'd like to give them unpunched plates (or at least give them the option).

I have an Apogee workflow, but I'm pretty sure the punch settings are on the platemaker itself. I've poked around the menus and can't find anything.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Ear

I don't know, I think they're necessary. Some of those holes are used by the head clamps on the drum. Ours has 2 retractable pins in the lead clamps so turning them off isn't an option. A couple of our sheetfed presses use different holes than the platesetter but the pressman just manually punches them after they are burned... one of the holes even intersects one of the platesetter holes but doesn't seem to give him any problems.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Stiv

You can turn off the punches but I don't know if all of the punches are turned off or just the punches used for the press. There may still be two used to load the plate into the PTR.

In the Set printing machine set-up you can select punch on or off.

gnubler

Here's a "punch on screen". One of my old favorites.

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DCurry

Quote from: Stiv on May 03, 2011, 10:58:09 AMIn the Set printing machine set-up you can select punch on or off.

Ah, that's the place! I was poking around in there earlier and didn't see anything, but I needed to hit "OK" to go to the next screen and eventually I get there. I think it will still put a punch for the drum on there, but I'm not worried about that - just wanted to turn off the press punches.

Thanks a lot. Still don't know if I'm going to need it or not, but it is good to know.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigitalCrapShoveler

You not running Print Drive anymore, Dan?
Member #285 - Civilian

DCurry

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on May 03, 2011, 11:29:28 AMYou not running Print Drive anymore, Dan?

Hell, I never had it! I've only had the whole system since January 2010.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Really? I see. They are doing away with it anyway. I was going to say, IF you had Printdrive, you can change punch settings there as well.
Member #285 - Civilian