Looking at switching suppliers

Started by Diddler, April 23, 2012, 07:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diddler

Just looking at options for our plate supplier. We currently use Fuji (LPNV2) which work fine and life is peachy. Now Big Boss man has been approached by a company in China called "Zhejiang Bridgehead" that can offer the same plate/specs at a lower cost. So I've been delegated the task to see if they will fit our needs. Anybody currently use the Bridgehead plates. There seems to be not too much info on their web and my chinese is as good as my arabic.

I have a sample box of plates. We will be running a few tests late next week. So I will let you know the results when done if anyone curious.

Cheers
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

I know you're supposed to keep an open mind on these matters... suppliers/markets do shift, but I'd need a pretty good argument, and thorough testing before I leapt on that one. Would only take one job stuffed up to send a chunk of the savings down the drain. And then there's the aftershocks. Without giving actual figures, what sort of %age price drop are we talking? LPNV2s are a damn good plate. The Thermal fans knocked violet in the past, but LPNV2s are 1~99% now, and more than adequate for our run lengths; admittedly pretty short.
Shall try and get some info on the Bridgeheads.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.