Trendsetter 800 unload

Started by DCurry, November 21, 2013, 07:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

(Creo Trendsetter II 800 Spectrum)

I'm wondering if there is a more elegant way to remove a plate from the drum when the unload process fails.

Every now and then, the unload process fails and the plate doesn't come out in its own after imaging. To get the plate off, we open the lower panel, slide the magnetic clamps off of the plate, then forcefully yank the plate out of the stationary clamps. This kinks the plate and renders it unusable.

In the past, I've used a Creo Lotem 400 which is a very different machine, but when an unload failed I could do a "force plate on drum" which told the Lotem that there was a plate on the drum and I could then manually unload it via the software, as opposed to physically removing the pate with my hands.

Does anyone know if there is a similar function on the Trendsetter that might work in my scenario? I'd love to be able to use the plate since it is already imaged.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

Quote from: DCurry on November 21, 2013, 07:24:23 AM(Creo Trendsetter II 800 Spectrum)

I'm wondering if there is a more elegant way to remove a plate from the drum when the unload process fails.

Every now and then, the unload process fails and the plate doesn't come out in its own after imaging. To get the plate off, we open the lower panel, slide the magnetic clamps off of the plate, then forcefully yank the plate out of the stationary clamps. This kinks the plate and renders it unusable.

In the past, I've used a Creo Lotem 400 which is a very different machine, but when an unload failed I could do a "force plate on drum" which told the Lotem that there was a plate on the drum and I could then manually unload it via the software, as opposed to physically removing the pate with my hands.

Does anyone know if there is a similar function on the Trendsetter that might work in my scenario? I'd love to be able to use the plate since it is already imaged.
We do a similar procedure, but I get on the ground. spread my legs and turn my feet out like a ballet dancer in a plea and push the clamps while a lesser being yanks the plate out a bit at a time.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

DCurry

It was really nice this morning when my co-worker was showing me what to do and neglected to hold the upper door open. The pneumatic lift arm doesn't work so well anymore so the door came down on my head.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

Those shocks are P.O.S!
Chronic.

Tracy

yeah it's really hard but you can push the clamp to help it out  (like born said) :laugh:

kenchilla

If there is a better way I'd like to know.

born2print

yes, the better way is to have someone else shove the clamps and pull the plate  :grin:

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print