News:

Main Menu

Azura plates

Started by DigiCorn, December 13, 2013, 11:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seratne

No random spots here on the Azura. Could be that they were just test plates, or that they weren't cleaned all the way.

We're actually thinking of moving from the Azura to the LH-PJ plates. Do you have the Fuji processor (FLH-Z)? If so, what's the maintenance like on it? Anything that makes you want to take a sledgehammer to it?
We're looking at replacing our 11 year old platesetter, and 5 year old workflow. And, from looking at it if we switched to Fuji, the ROI would be about 18 months between upgrading our Agfa Azura system or switching to Fuji LH-PJ. Just worried about dealing with a plate that could be a pain in the ass.

Farabomb

We are running the LH-PH presently and have had no issues. The processor is one of the best ones I've worked with so far. I do less than the mandatory cleaning and the rep still says it's one of the cleanest ones he's seen. You will have to dump chemistry and clean it form time to time but it's not a horrible task. The only thing that drives me nuts if the gum bar sometimes doesn't like to play nice. No alarms on the chemistry levels is a it annoying but if you do run out of something you can normally spike it and plays nice again.

The reason we are changing is the boss wants to get away from the possible future chemistry dump issues. The Azura TS is also cheaper and there is less chemistry. The LH-PJ needs a developer, a separate developer for when you change chemistry, distilled water and a gum. The processor also needs water and a drain as well as a water filter and big 20 in. filters for the developer. The TA only needs a gum and is self standing. No plumbing involved, just 240v power.

It's looking to be quite a savings over the Fuji plate. We're not changing because of plate issues. The LH-PJ has done us very well but the numbers are just better with the TS. 
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

Oh, and the Fuji processor also needs a chiller and power for the chiller.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job