Offer to Acquire RR Donnelley for $7.50 per Share

Started by Joe, October 12, 2021, 08:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Largest Bondholder Chatham Makes Offer to Acquire RR Donnelley for $7.50 per Share in Cash

Quote"Despite our efforts to engage with the board on ways to position the business for long-term success, we no longer have confidence in RRD's ability to achieve full and fair value as a public company under the current board and management team," Chatham Asset Management noted in a prepared statement.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Foozball

Damn ... another former employer of mine goes under - I AM THE KISS OF DEATH!  :dev2:

(While I am concerned for my former production co-workers - I wonder how their financials would look if they eliminate that HUGE corporate pork-barrell/payroll out of Chicago!)

Joe

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

well that might be good news, someone wants to buy a bunch of printers

Joe

Acquisitions like this are never good for the boots on the ground people.

David

I would imagine there could be a lot of people out of work after they clean house.

which is what usually happens after a buy-out.

Yikes!
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Joe

That is because you are young and optimistic. Not grumpy and old like David and I. :rotf:

David

that's how I had to get another job after 35 years in the same building...

now that spot where the old building used to be is a huge fenced in area full of 4 foot tall grass and weeds.

Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

Sure, it's not like anybody is really trying to rescue anything. They've got a plan to squeeze out money up to the max and leave a prune.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Skryber

Quote from: Possum on November 03, 2021, 02:25:48 PM
Sure, it's not like anybody is really trying to rescue anything. They've got a plan to squeeze out money up to the max and leave a prune.

Sounds like the owner of my last shop. He was notorious for doing that to all types of businesses.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

scottrsimons

I think the real problem is when a printer goes public and then has shareholders who are only there to make money. Don't get me wrong, that is what a company is there for, but shareholders are on a different level. Neither one is inherently bad, and they have their good points, but seems to be, when they get this big, it is all about the  :money: .
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson