Poor UK...

Started by MonkeyBoy, October 02, 2007, 04:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeyBoy

QuoteQuark has announced a number of key XPress 7 deployments across many of the UK's leading universities.

The long list of learning centres that have moved to XPress 7 includes: Leicester College, the London College of Communications, Sheffield Hallam University, Swansea Institute of Higher Education, University of Bedfordshire and University of Lincoln -

Full story: http://www.macworld.co.uk/education/news/index.cfm?newsid=19195&pagtype=allchandate#mainContent

gnubler

Just goes to show you why college is for suckers. I didn't read the article, but is this being used for teaching graphics arts students? If so, how typical...focusing on tools and technologies that really aren't too prevelant in the real world.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

frailer

We know tertiary standards have slipped, [here too], but this is just plain ridiculous! :D $$$ rule. Quark musta paid them!
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

kermit

Quote from: frailer on October 03, 2007, 02:57:18 AMWe know tertiary standards have slipped, [here too], but this is just plain ridiculous! :D $$$ rule. Quark musta paid them!
Listen, when Quark rep called me asking for upgrade my copies I told them that I will not do that because I will switch to Indesign CS3. Do you know, what they did? They gave me 5 copies of q7 upgrades for free when I pay for the other 5 I had. I did that. I love Quark.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses