CS 4 delayed for Macs

Started by jezza, April 03, 2008, 06:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjaPB_43

CS4 already?   Damnit Adobe! You dont even have CS3 right yet. :angry:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

almaink

I wonder WTF we are supposed to do when Windows users send us CS4 files and we have no CS4 for Macs?
Kinda dumb on Adobes part IMO, better to wait until they have both platforms ready. And yes I know PDF's are an option but still...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 03, 2008, 08:16:55 AMCS4 already?   Damnit Adobe! You dont even have CS3 right yet. :angry:

Yeah, it would be nice if they would get the current version working correctly before they unleash the latest bag of crap on us. Of course maybe their bank account is getting low?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

4 gig of RAM to run 64 bit PS.... Jesus Christ!!!! I can see the problems now, 5 gig PS file with 100 layers, 150 paths, "it open's fine on my machine..."
Member #285 - Civilian

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DigitalCrapShoveler

So let me get this straight... 32 AND 64 bit versions for PC to accomodate older OS and Vista. AND... 32 bit for Mac released in conjuction with windows, and later 64 bit Mac... Did I read that correctly?
Member #285 - Civilian

Laurens

I read elsewhere that CS4 will be released in 2010. That means we all still have some time to make money with those expensive CS3 licenses.
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

almaink

Quote from: Laurens on April 03, 2008, 01:25:37 PMI read elsewhere that CS4 will be released in 2010. That means we all still have some time to make money with those expensive CS3 licenses.

Geez and I just renewed my ASN contract too.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

jezza

Don't for get that 64 bit Vista is a separate operating system from Vista 32 bit and is more expensive. Secondly, it was hardly the fault of Adobes fault that Apple pulled support for 64 bit Carbon. However it is Adobes fault that didn't start porting sooner. It's not as straightforward as it seems
one sick prepress mofo

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: jezza  on April 03, 2008, 07:53:59 PMDon't for get that 64 bit Vista is a separate operating system from Vista 32 bit and is more expensive. Secondly, it was hardly the fault of Adobes fault that Apple pulled support for 64 bit Carbon. However it is Adobes fault that didn't start porting sooner. It's not as straightforward as it seems

Thanks Jezza, that actually clarifies a lot. I did not know there were two versions of Vista.
Member #285 - Civilian

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 03, 2008, 07:56:44 PM
Quote from: jezza  on April 03, 2008, 07:53:59 PMDon't for get that 64 bit Vista is a separate operating system from Vista 32 bit and is more expensive. Secondly, it was hardly the fault of Adobes fault that Apple pulled support for 64 bit Carbon. However it is Adobes fault that didn't start porting sooner. It's not as straightforward as it seems

Thanks Jezza, that actually clarifies a lot. I did not know there were two versions of Vista.

We bought Vista Ultimate at work and it comes with both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version depending on your hardware. Both suck!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.