Delta Tower:error during delta tower configuration

Started by prepressure, August 18, 2009, 09:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressure

Hi everyone i have ahuge problem here ,i have heidelberg imagesetter
with delta tower
my problem is when i start my rip it appears this error"Delta Tower:error during delta tower configuration"
any help please

Marktonk

This can be many things. The easiest to check is your imagesetter completely booted before turning Delta on. If it is, then it could bad the RABO board, a cable or a drive. If you are in the States, you can call Heidelberg service at 800-437-7788.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

sb_miguel

I Have 3 filmsetters and this error have happens to me several times.

1.- Check conections.
-Turn everything off.
-Check cable SCSI. Remove from computer, and visually inspect cable conector an pins. The SCSI conector have a veri small pins, for some extrange reason one pin was bent in my case.
If you can repair (straigth pins is ok, otherwise must repalce SCSI cable)
Conect everything as usual

2.-Check funtionality.
Turn on filmsetter, turn on delta tower, turn on computer (in that specific order)
When the computer is booting, check the moment the scsi adapter is booting, chances are tha the board recognices the tower (lino hell) and the hard disk included ( as a hard disk)
Maybe you will need help with some tecnitian who had worked with scsi drives.
--Format the delta tower hard disk, is ok. If the hard disk is not ok, you must replace...(this a have to do one time)

3.-If the tower is not detected, you a dead delta tower.
4.-If after all before, delta tower is not working and as a last resort reinstall delta software.
5.-Call a Heidelberg Tecnitian, be ready to replace the tower (i never have to doit  in the last 11 years)