Looking for advice...

Started by motormount, September 19, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

Quote from: Joe on September 23, 2013, 01:12:27 PM
Quote from: born2print on September 23, 2013, 12:53:12 PMYou could sell yourself

Wouldn't that require her to move to Nevada? :laugh:
Right! Save on taxes  :wink:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

That man looks like an alien. I put on the glasses and he was one of Them™!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum...
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

How far back do you guys list employment on your resume?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

1 job...
but I've been here for 30 years
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Mine goes back about 12 years. But I was at my last job for over 7 years. Then I have an abbreviated list of jobs before that.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

delooch

i have every employer on there that has related experience to what im applying for, even if its ancient history. 

gnubler

Quote from: david on September 24, 2013, 11:25:09 AM1 job...
but I've been here for 30 years

:laugh:  Unheard of! If I go that far back, I should probably omit "shitting in diapers" in my skills list.

Quote from: delooch on September 24, 2013, 11:33:55 AMi have every employer on there that has related experience to what im applying for, even if its ancient history.

That's pretty much what I do. I've had so many jobs I'm trying to figure out if some of them should just "unexist".

Joe

I go back to 1450 when I was doing prepress for Johannes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

You & david both, apparently.

I found a typo in your bible, dude.

delooch

id consider that some employers would prefer to see a stable work history. Not that i have one, but there was a period where i cycled jobs for a few years until i could find one that i could tolerate. Those i leave off.  NO ONE is going to remember who did what 10-15 years ago, so i fudge the dates to cover the gaps.

it works for me, but im "job search lazy" and dont actively look for new opportunity. i guess things are still "tolerable" at the current shop.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on September 24, 2013, 11:44:53 AMYou & david both, apparently.

I found a typo in your bible, dude.

Dude, I'm prepress...not a damn proof reader. Talk to the author! :angry:

gnubler

I saw one of the characters at a restaurant yesterday, his nametag said "Jesus".  :laugh:  You probably have a couple in your bindery by now.

gnubler

Quote from: delooch on September 24, 2013, 11:45:27 AMNO ONE is going to remember who did what 10-15 years ago, so i fudge the dates to cover the gaps.

And seeing as these are all printing jobs, at least 3 of the shops where I worked no longer exist. Let the fudging begin.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on September 24, 2013, 11:49:21 AMI saw one of the characters at a restaurant yesterday, his nametag said "Jesus".  :laugh:  You probably have a couple in your bindery by now.

Not us. Most of the Mexicans fled when the company required bank accounts for direct deposit. Still have a couple of pressman but no bindery workers.