Spot colors not printing on plate

Started by scalver2000, July 27, 2009, 11:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

almaink

OK I placed this into InDesign CS2 exported as PDF using the output convert to CMYK and none of the spots converted! They R not missing just no conversion. Using the Ink manager's "convert all to process" worked tho. Nothing missing all converted.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

scalver2000

Did you make a plate? Everything showed right but it did not come out on the plate. I'll try the Ink Manager and see if that works.

scalver2000

Ok maybe i'm lost now.  How do you exported as PDF using the output convert to CMYK, without using the Ink Manager?  I changed the spot colors in the swatches and exported a pdf and they converted.

Joe

I took all the pages in the 2 PDF files you linked here. I placed them all in InDesign CS3, left the swatches pallet alone, exported a new PDF and converted the spots to process in the Ink Manager from within the PDF export dialog box. The resulting PDF had all of the spots converted to CMYK with nothing missing. I then refined the pages in Prinergy and output 1 bit tiffs to our CTP. I didn't waste any plates so I viewed the resulting files in Photoshop. Nothing was missing. All of the objects that were originally spot were in the CMYK plate files. So then I tried running the job as CMYK + spots and made plate files again. Still nothing was missing. Everything that was spot was on it's own plate file. I tried to get it to do what is happening to you and I can't make it but I don't have True Flow.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

This is indeed a shop specific problem I believe.  I mean, Steve is saying that even though the PDF created from Indesign(after converting spots via the pallet) shows NO SPOT when viewed in Acrobat, that once he puts it through Trueflow, Trueflow is seeing the converted items as a spot.  EVEN THOUGH the item is a CMYK image in acrobat.  Personally I think it's a glitch and one that you probably won't find a reason for.  Steve, if I were still there and this had popped up, I would have just transformed my Operating Procedure to adopt one of these other successful methods you've listed...  that's just my take on it...    :ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

LoganBlade

HAs you tried to rename the job into the work flow and seen if you get different results. Maybe somehow something is getting stuck on the original job with the spot problem? And have you tried a POPO to the system?

Just sounds so strange.
"dyslexics have more fnu"

scalver2000

I sure want to THANK EVERYONE for your help !!!!! This is a great site for info. If i have anymore questions i will be back!!!