What do you furnish your pressman ??

Started by impodave, January 16, 2012, 02:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

:laugh: "Taking a smoke break, see you this afternoon"
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Earendil on January 17, 2012, 12:04:32 PMSmoking? Around here, and in Cali, there is a smoking ban in all buildings, including bars and work vehicles and smoking is prohibited within 10 feet of any door of any business. Also no smoking on the campus property of any public school or hospital, even outside. I think people are still allowed to smoke in their own house tho.  :rolleyes:

Well, chalk up one good reason for leaving.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: t-pat on January 17, 2012, 12:06:10 PMpeople from Illinois go to Indiana to smoke.

Here in downstate, the "no smoking in bars" lasted for about 3 months. Although the law is still in effect no one down here pays any attention to it and if you go into a bar around here you will see people smoking.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

Once you get used to it it's actually nice to have a meal out without having the smoke drifting around. Not sure what Vegas is like now, but it was really different coming from here and going to places where people smoked everywhere. In long-ago days I remember when all-inclusives would leave trays of fresh cigarettes everywhere for your enjoyment. Mmmm...makes me want a ciggy again...
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

DigiCorn

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 17, 2012, 12:10:04 PM
Quote from: Earendil on January 17, 2012, 12:04:32 PMSmoking? Around here, and in Cali, there is a smoking ban in all buildings, including bars and work vehicles and smoking is prohibited within 10 feet of any door of any business. Also no smoking on the campus property of any public school or hospital, even outside. I think people are still allowed to smoke in their own house tho.  :rolleyes:

Actually, in Cali I think the rule is 50 feet... but then all businesses put the ash can right by the door, so you get to walk through a cloud of smoke when shopping.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Last time I was in Indiana, I actually got to smoke in a Big Boy restaurant. It was GLORIOUS. Highlight of my life. I prefer to smoke and eat simultaneously.
Member #285 - Civilian

andyfest

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 17, 2012, 12:14:03 PMLast time I was in Indiana, I actually got to smoke in a Big Boy restaurant. It was GLORIOUS. Highlight of my life. I prefer to smoke and eat simultaneously.
Not me - I lived for the post-meal smoke & coffee. It's been 14 years this year tho'. When I quit I could hardly take the trash out to the curb without running out of breath.

Joe

I remember the days of smoking on an airline flight. Once the "Smoking" light came on the cabin got fogged in a hurry. :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on January 17, 2012, 12:17:15 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 17, 2012, 12:14:03 PMLast time I was in Indiana, I actually got to smoke in a Big Boy restaurant. It was GLORIOUS. Highlight of my life. I prefer to smoke and eat simultaneously.
Not me - I lived for the post-meal smoke & coffee. It's been 14 years this year tho'. When I quit I could hardly take the trash out to the curb without running out of breath.

Same here. June 15, 1998 2:15 pm.

David

Quote from: Joe on January 17, 2012, 12:17:52 PMI remember the days of smoking on an airline flight. Once the "Smoking" light came on the cabin got fogged in a hurry. :laugh:

I remember that, and the Southwest Airlines stewardesses with hot pants and boots....     :evil:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on January 17, 2012, 12:18:45 PM

July 19, 1998 for me. It was my 40th birthday and I knew it was time. Still can pick out a whiff of smoke from a mile away now.

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on January 17, 2012, 12:22:42 PM
Quote from: Joe on January 17, 2012, 12:18:45 PM

July 19, 1998 for me. It was my 40th birthday and I knew it was time. Still can pick out a whiff of smoke from a mile away now.

I think that ability gets greater each day of not smoking. I still love the smell when someone lights up a fresh one but when they come back in from smoking they smell like a dirty ash tray.

Ear

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 17, 2012, 12:10:04 PM

Hell no! I never felt right smoking inside and sure as hell don't want to be around smoke while I eat.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: david on January 17, 2012, 12:19:54 PM
Quote from: Joe on January 17, 2012, 12:17:52 PMI remember the days of smoking on an airline flight. Once the "Smoking" light came on the cabin got fogged in a hurry. :laugh:

I remember that, and the Southwest Airlines stewardesses with hot pants and boots....     :evil:

Yes, that was back in the day when all stewardesses had to pass some sort of hotness test to get hired.

Farabomb

Pretty sure I saw a sign on the Dairy Queen in W.Va mentioning something about you have to be 15 ft. from the door or some shit. Thankfully it didn't apply to flatuance becasue I left a few in the corner. If you stop in Elkins W. Va I'd avoid the DQ. It's probably still a little rank in there.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job