News:

Main Menu

Dielines in Apogee

Started by DCurry, February 03, 2010, 12:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

How can I make my dielines behave in Apogee? I want them to overprint and be treated as Transparent so that they don't trap to the work, yet I still want any colors that meet beneath the dieline to trap to each other if needed.

I added the color "dieline" to my General color book and told it to be Transparent, but it doesn't seem to be doing what I want.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Go into the Render-Trap tab, go to the bottom and click on "Inks" under Trapping Orders and Densities. Click on the ink you want to NOT trap, and change the density to 5.0 and the Colorant type to Transparent. It works most of the time. Easier to set the Die to Overprint in the originating file.
Member #285 - Civilian

DCurry

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 03, 2010, 02:43:30 PMGo into the Render-Trap tab, go to the bottom and click on "Inks" under Trapping Orders and Densities. Click on the ink you want to NOT trap, and change the density to 5.0 and the Colorant type to Transparent. It works most of the time. Easier to set the Die to Overprint in the originating file.

I've already set it to Transparent in the global General color book, so anything named "die" takes on those properties. I didn't change the density, though -- have to give that a shot.

The problem with only setting it to OP in the file (which I will do anyway) is that I need the colors under it to trap to each other. I'll have to do some more experimentation.

Prinergy handled it quite easily!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigitalCrapShoveler

That is exactly why you have to change the density so that the colors underneath do trap correctly. I set a lot of manual traps for packaging, I don't really depend on auto traps but for standard, if we could call them that, jobs like magazines and bullshit work. Changing the densities are often times the only thing that gets the traps to interact correctly.
Member #285 - Civilian

beermonster

publisher and PAP handle this stuff by default

does that help :tongue:

i too manual trap - its fun :wink:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world